Ever Ready SE with alu handle

Does anyone know owt about these please? I appear to have acquired one.

Ever-Ready-USA-Single-Edge-Razor-1950s-Aluminium-H-314_detail.jpg

So-called "Bathroom Set", mate.

Late '50s. It's got the Streamline handle, albeit milled from aluminium.

It's nice - cherish it. It gives a lovely shave, as per all 1912s with a round handle that grants a rather different experience.

Wow, had no idea SEs were still being produced that late, many thanks for the info. It's my first SE so looking forward to trying it out.

A production run of in excess of 40 odd years just reflects the quality of these razors. They also give an amazing shave, something only modern day cartridges can only dream of. It's hard to think of any daily used consumer product that has had such an extensive production run, but I'm sure you gents will now quote me loads LOL (by the way, soap powder doesn't count as every 6 months, it becomes 'new & improved'!!)

Looking around the safety razor world, there's probably only the Gillette Tech that can rival is ... somewhere at the end of the '30s through to the end of the '70s even in to the '80s perhaps, even then the Tech head continues on the Sterling through to today in some markets.

To say the 1912 design ran from ... well, 1912 well into the '50s if not into the '60s under the Star and Treet brand, outliving the 1914, 1924 and all Micromatics and seeing in the birth of the Featherweights and Pushbuttons, it certainly was one hell of a run! If a retro-run was made today, I would not hesitate but buy one.

SEs? Just SEs? :D

Okay ...

... counting ...

31 Every Ready, GEM & Star
9 ASR Valet/7 O'Clock
2 Wilkinson Sword Empire
2 Rolls Razor
9 Injectors

One for each week of the year and one spare ... at present ... there's a few (yes, a "few") on order. I have a problem. Still, it's cost me knack all on balance as I've sold off my boutique car wax collection which literally ran to over a grand of gear! I guess a had a problem there, too, although this time it's not hitting me financially.

I suppose with my other 51 DEs and a growing set of straights, average, say £10 a razor I'm hitting a grand's worth of collection.

I bet there are folks here with a Cologne collection pushing those sorts of figures, soaps, too no doubt. For me, it's the razors ... all about the razors. No two absolutely identical razors are the same :D

Hi Paul, we urgently need to start up a support group. Go on man, take the 1st step...

"My name is Paul, and I'm a shaveaholic" - Don't worry mate, we're all here for you... LOL :icon_razz:

50+ SEs Pjgh? That's true dedication. My 1912 should now have been taken in by a housemate while I was away and so should be in my sweaty hands tomorrow. Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom