Fatip Razors

Hey folks,

Looking for some reviews or thoughts on Fatip open combs, slants and the gentile.

I'm tempted by the piccolo ltd with open comb and gentile heads featured on Connaught currently. I'd probably make this my travel razor.

I've never tried a slant razor and am intrigued by the open comb slant!

Heard mixed reviews about the craftsmanship of the razors, I mean for £20 I'm not expecting worlds but similarly I'm sure I could find something else to spend money on if they're not all that!

Cheers

@PeteyB If you get one that happens to be OK, then they're very good shavers.
On the other hand, you should expect alignment issues, at least with the non-slant variants.
The black coating of the Special Edition doesn't last well, but e.g. the nickel plates ones have good plating.
They don't need the plating, but they don't look as nice without it.

Thanks for the rapid responses - so the blade alignment issue is true and the coatings are poor, otherwise a good razor.

I'll do some thinking

I’ve had a Fatip Grande open comb with nickel plating for about 4 years. Decent razor for the price is my overall opinion. Prices don’t seem to have increased much since I bought mine. The alignment is ok for mine but have read other people have alignment problems. Luck of the draw I guess.
I mainly bought mine to have a brass razor as at the time all of mine - bar the Wilkinson Sword Classic black plastic - were Zamak. The fact I could pay less than £20 for one (at the time) was a big driver.

Last edited:
I have a chrome Gentile and it's my most used razor. I also have a nickel Piccolo for when I want something different! No alignment issues with either. Hard to beat at the price.

I have quite a collection of open comb Fatips. I prefer the weight of the Piccolo and the Il Grosso over the Grande, which is the lightest.

They easy enough to align the blades if they.dont just fall into line.

The slants work well.

The Piccolo is actually too small to stay in place on my travel case! But for something cheap, fun and effective the Piccolo OC Slant is a good bet.

The blades are utter shite though.

I had a Fatip Lo Storto Original Piccolo. I was worried goven reviews that Fatips would turn out to be the Alfa Romeos of the razor world, but it really was a great slant - I found it really efficient as a shaver with no issues at all with alignment nor craftmanship. Plus I loved the weight of the solid handle. But I found it too short and dinky and ended up selling it. I regret that....I've just picked up an Originale Grande in Copper because I loved the colour and I do find Fatip's beautiful - incl the retro packaging. Luckily, again no quality control issues & the hollow handle is working for me - I am not finding it too light. I think they are great value.

Back
Top Bottom