Feels like Smoothest, closest shave ever - shadow

Hello,

Seeking a little advice please :)

First ever shave with a SE Ever Ready and the result to touch, is superb. Smooth, no stubble to be felt, BBS. Face feels great, zero irritation. No stubble left I can feel to touch up with a razor.

So, why does it look like I have 5 'o' clock shadow half an hour after shaving? Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look too bad, but I am puzzled as to why, given that the shave and my face feels the smoothest ever. Neither does the shadow, a good 4 hours on, look any darker.

My prep is the same - hot shower, lather applied to face and left on while brushing teeth, wash off, more hot water, more hot water, re-lather). Shaved, rinsed with plenty of cold water. AS splash, a little AS moisturiser and a half hour later, some body shop macca root energetic face moisturiser with SPF10 given the hot, sunny weather.

I shaved at 07:30am and my skin still feels BBS past noon.

Any thoughts? I am wondering if this is what is meant about a razor being too mild? The razor was a real pleasure to use though and I wouldn't put it as mild, given the noise it makes cutting and the amount of stubble removed on each pass. Glided over my face, no nicks or cuts; zero irritation and got all the tricky bits really easily. Makes a wonderful noise too, as I could hear it cutting every hair. Perhaps it's a one off. I shan't be put off, as It was a great shave, if touch and feel is anything to go by.

Just wondering also, what's the closest comparable DE razor or adjustable type razor setting to the Ever Ready SE and in particular, how does the Feater AS compare shave wise (anybody used / tried both)? I really have a bad case of RAD when it comes to the Feather AS and am sorely tempted to get one. Any thoughts please?

Thanks for reading / replying,
Jason

Even if I achieve a multi-directional BBS (ie - not matter which direction I stroke my face, it's completely smooth) I can still see my beard.

Ian

IanM said:
Even if I achieve a multi-directional BBS (ie - not matter which direction I stroke my face, it's completely smooth) I can still see my beard.

Ian

Thanks for your reply Ian :)

So this is quite normal then? I ask, because when shaving with other razors e.g. Futur, whilst I don't always aim for (nor when I do aim for, get :roll: ) BBS; half an hour following the shave, I don't usually get noticeable shadow. Perhaps I would have done today regardless of razor choice :lol:

I am wondering if it's the hot weather, making the shadow more noticeable? I am really liking the Ever Ready SE though :) the shave is so comfortable, I reckon I could shave twice a day (for formal evening occasions / to look my best) with zero irritation. Mind you, going by my shave this morning, I don't think I'll have any stubble until tomorrow :D

Cheers,
Jason

The Feather AS is a very mild razor, like a Gillette Tech, and didn't do the trick for me.

I didn't really grasp the thrust of your original post, and didn't realise that you just had this problem with the Ever-Ready. Perhaps something to do with the blade geometry of the SE cuts the hair slightly differently than a DE?

The Futur is a completely different kettle of fish, and I have stated before that it is the most efficient facial hair removal tool that I have ever used.

Ian

IanM said:
The Futur is a completely different kettle of fish, and I have stated before that it is the most efficient facial hair removal tool that I have ever used.
Ian
I found it to be an excelent epidermis removal tool too... :oops: :oops:
I can't shave with it without cutting myself!

Max

I can sympathise, I sometimes have a heavier shadow too even though it feels smoother. I think I inspect my face closer now than I did with cartridges so maybe I just notice the shadow more. If I had one of those little "shrugs shoulders" smilies, I'd put it here --->

:)

IanM said:
The Feather AS is a very mild razor, like a Gillette Tech, and didn't do the trick for me.

I didn't really grasp the thrust of your original post, and didn't realise that you just had this problem with the Ever-Ready. Perhaps something to do with the blade geometry of the SE cuts the hair slightly differently than a DE?

Ian

If you get a Feather AS, and you should, try it with Feathers blades. With Feathers loaded and with a little practice it is a beautifully smooth shave. It feels mild but it shaves close. Very close. But with no pain.

I'm the same,always can always see a 'shadow', even though it's a bit grey in patches now. I think you look a bit closer when you start this malarkey, that and maybe improving /natural light when shaving.

I have some razors that will leave less of a shadow and some that do what situation you are in.

My rocket will leave me clean for ages or my fat boy on 7 will keep me clean for ages too.

If I use my ikon though, as smooth as the shave may be, shadow will return faster. I put this down to no being close enough on the shave.

For all 'the men' with shadows. ;)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5IOou6qN1o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5IOou6qN1o</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom