For other new DE shavers

Just thought i would share this with other new de shavers,
After only de shaving for a month or so i had my worst shave on Saturday cut my neck numerous times and it ended up looking like someone had took a cheese grater to it.
I thought to myself is this really worth all the hassle so i decided to wait until this morning to give it another go and to let my neck heal up.
The point i am trying to make is to really take your time and not try to run before you can walk.
Took my time lathering up and taking short strokes while shaving went WTG and then XTG and also used an alum block for the first time and the result was my best shave since i started plus i really enjoyed it.
So don't give up lads just take it nice and easy and we will all get there in the end,and use all the advice given on here as it really does help.

Cheers.

I totally agree. This is probably why I actually shave at night rather then in the morning before work. That would equal a pink lather for sure!

I am relatively new to DE shaving and require some help. I use the following:
34c with Derby blades
Badger brush
crabtree soap
Old spice

What I am trying to see is what do you do with the soaps or creames as well as with an alum stick. and after shave. These terms are unfamiliar to me.
Thanks

Turk said:
I am relatively new to DE shaving and require some help. I use the following:
34c with Derby blades
Badger brush
crabtree soap
Old spice

What I am trying to see is what do you do with the soaps or creames as well as with an alum stick. and after shave. These terms are unfamiliar to me.
Thanks

Turk, take a look at the Mantic vids on YouTube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/mantic59[/youtube]

I think Mantic is planning to do vids on alum and aftershave soon. In the meantime browse around TSR -you'll find info soon
enough. Otherwise post a specific question and you'll no doubt get loads of responses.

Edit: Just did a quick search and found this: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4568&hilit=alum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4568&hilit=alum</a><!-- l -->

JohnnyO wrote
Erm, you really sure that you've started your shaving career @ the correct end ?

Ha ha quality Johnny i would probably have to go through the whole sample pack i got from Connaught to get a decent shave inthat area. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom