Hello from York

Hi all,

I've been reading the forums for a couple of weeks now and would like to thank you all for your inadvertent help!

I've watched what seems like all the mantic and geo vids on youtube, and read what seems like an encyclopedia of threads on here. But yesterday I finally did something about my crappy Fusion and goo combo and bought everything (for now ;)) that I think I'll need to get a good shave!

So I'm waiting for the traditional shaving company to deliver:

an EJ DE89
TOBs Jermyn St.
Badger best brush
some Astra blades
and of course a styptic pencil!

Thank you all once again for your help, already got a bit of a 'thing' for brushes - in fact I've already asked my missus for a new forest brush for my birthday! :eek:

Cheers guys :)

Hello and welcome Dan.
You might want to look at the samplepacks of blades that Connaught have to offer:
http://connaughtshaving.com/index.html
Hes got plenty of aftershaves as well (didnt see any on your list)
regards beejay

Welcome Dan. I have only been a member here for a month and I too have been bitten by the DE shaving bug. Lovely place York. Dunno about Bettys cos I haven't been able to get in there.....but Browns do a nice strawberry tart!!!

Hi Dan, welcome.

As Beejay mentioned you seem to be missing any After Shave treatment from your list.

A lot of people find that shaving can leave your face quite dry so a post shave treatment is often worthwhile.

I like sunburyboy's Bay Rum, It goes well with the Jermyn Street soap as well.

Hi Dan,

welcome. Judging by the purchase you're on budget for now (hehe), I wanted to recommend a cheap and decent ASB - Boots Freshwood balm (I liked their splash as well, but for the scent mostly). When you get to the higher league of merchandise be sure to get some Speick ASB though - over a tenner but worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom