How aggressive is a Cobra Classic?

p.b

The Cobra has a reputation as an aggressive shaver. However, there's much love for it and it doesn't come with the warnings that a Meuhle R41 does.

How does it stack up against some DEs?

cheers, Paul

I have recently acquired a Cobra and also use an R41 and a Gillette New. I love all three but the Cobra is easily my favourite razor. I personally find the Cobra with Proguard blades (haven't tried the professional yet) to be a little less aggressive than a 41, not that the 41 is a problem at all, just that the Cobra feels less aggressive.... To me anyway. You still know it's sharp though!

I just got mine this week. It can be whatever you want it to be. Folks weren't kidding when they said its like a straight razor.

The angle is key. Too flat and it's very mild, steep and it takes care of several days growth no sweat. Also the blades you choose play a role. Very versatile definitely.

ffarouki said:
I just got mine this week. It can be whatever you want it to be. Folks weren't kidding when they said its like a straight razor.

The angle is key. Too flat and it's very mild, steep and it takes care of several days growth no sweat. Also the blades you choose play a role. Very versatile definitely.

Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am mine...

chriszacharek said:
ffarouki said:

Oh wow I am, thanks :) it was 2 times pre-owned yet arrived in brand new condition couldn't tell it's ever been taken outside its box! Aside from British customs and delays, I got very lucky. Great piece

ffarouki said:
chriszacharek said:
ffarouki said:

Oh wow I am, thanks :) it was 2 times pre-owned yet arrived in brand new condition couldn't tell it's ever been taken outside its box! Aside from British customs and delays, I got very lucky. Great piece

Marvellous. I really don't think I will find anything better than this, though I will carry on with the search just Incase...

chriszacharek said:
ffarouki said:
chriszacharek said:
ffarouki said:

Marvellous. I really don't think I will find anything better than this, though I will carry on with the search just Incase...

You should try an Iwasaki kami [emoji16] also a revelation

Back
Top Bottom