How I lather MWF and achieve a thicker lather

Re: RE: How I lather MWF and achieve a thicker lather

Sir_eider said:
Excellent video!

Anyway, sometime ago I found that the easiest and fastest way to get a thick lather with MWF is using it like a stick, that is, passing it through your beard and then facelathering.

And I "transformed" my puck to use like that conveniently, hehe:

vjs0m.jpg

Cheers!

Mitchells should create a stick product and pay you a few pence royalty on each one they sell. Great idea.

For Mitchell's Wool Fat, I find the lather OK to mix but it always dries out on my skin during the shave when used on it's own. Funny it makes no real difference to the end results this way, but I always reckoned it just looked weird to be finishing my pass with a dried, cracking lather.

It really comes alive for me when used with a very small amount of unscented cream like Fitjar Shea Pleasure, Simpsons Luxury or eShave Fragrance Free.

With a couple of drops of Glycerin, this really mixes up a wonderful Uberlather which is rich, creamy and lubricating. Absolutely lovely on the skin too... :)

Mark

Roefisher said:
For Mitchell's Wool Fat, I find the lather OK to mix but it always dries out on my skin during the shave when used on it's own. Funny it makes no real difference to the end results this way, but I always reckoned it just looked weird to be finishing my pass with a dried, cracking lather.

Mark

I've found that as well,Mark - try making the lather a touch wetter, as it seems to help stabilise it and slow the drying.

Back
Top Bottom