I blame Canuck (Gillette green content)

He is entirely responsible for this landing on my doormat today:

attachment.php

When I first started out he kindly piffed me a few packets of Greens to try out as my Yellow's were leaving me raw. I've tried several other blades since (as well as re-visiting hte yellows) and keep coming back to the Greens.

I bought these from this seller on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260962968102

No connection but £19.99 for 200 posted isn't bad at all. I didn't want the shavette or nick sticks and the seller kindly added in a few extra packets of blades instead. The service deserves a mention so if you're looking for a bumper box of blades, this chap is well worth a look.

Attachments

• greens.jpg
    greens.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 211
That's a great deal. I tried so hard to like these but found they just lacked that extra bite that yellows and blacks have. Sadly there not for me.

Good haul. I just got a load of the yellows as they're my favourite at the minute. I ordered a few packs of the greens too as I'd heard good things and wanted to try them out. Tried one this morning in my R41, cracking results.

I like the Greens a lot, and in fact bought exactly the same amount from this seller.

However, and it might be just me, but these don't seem as good as my previous lot (which is great when you've bought 200).

I've had 4 shaves out of a green before but tonight it was really dragging after just three (though my lather might have caused an issue too).

However, if I have to chuck them after 2 shaves (5p a shave) it isn't the end of the world, just a bit disappointing when I've had such good shaves with them before.

Ah, all my fault. :-/

I think they're fairly universally well liked, but being made at PPI they're bound to be decent quality anyway. Dipesh famously dislikes them but most seem to get on with them alright, mine are on hiatus just now though while I work through some more yellows which are that bit better in a slant.

The other seller who did mainly yellows has greens back in. £4.99 for 50 and about 99p delivery. Might order from him as i don't really want 200 (well i do but i want some feathers as well).

tadpole said:
Jason1wood said:
I have a few yellows and they also leave my face a bit raw, think I'll have to give these a go.

PM me your address and I'll pif you some.

I received the blades and they are great. No more skin burn. Going to have to purchase so now. Thanks again for the sample. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom