JULY 2021 ACQUISITIONS

View attachment 74330
couple of recent acquisitions- 3D printed cube container arrived last week from @LeeMaz . Since then done a bit of tidying up with xacto knife , sanding , priming and bit of painting. SBS back to school arrived today after a long journey all the way from Canada ( took 50 days lol! ). Interesting scent
Looks great, reminds me of a Tardis now!

1 Rasoir & 5 Lames ...

AM-JKLXPaSDLs2WTvJ1XPBZ1uu3QfwNdP33r3Itm7xyAAaTJnME3Ijjb7ZqCD2C29DloNBsWqs0ZJvfNpeHvpLNzZgx4P5-hzL5uMKpZ_RmVAniCuBQH5NI3SJ-lYBE2ul1SEyulbWdoeCgiD7PmF1ykzzQfCA=w800

What blades are these? Super Silver?

The actual blades look like this:

1994%20(O4)%20Dispenser%2010%20Super%20Silver%20Germany.jpg

Date code is M3 on the razor, so 1992 (rather than 1967)?

Last edited:
Yes thought the grind looked a little different..do you happen to know if the kamisori grinds are different to hone and just out of interest are they more like a wedge rather than a hollow grind ?
So a Kamisori is hollow on one side only and then it has a flatter side , so the grind is asymmetric , when you sharpen there is a ration of strokes to the flat side and hollow side. so the strokes each side are not even.

So a Kamisori is hollow on one side only and then it has a flatter side , so the grind is asymmetric , when you sharpen there is a ration of strokes to the flat side and hollow side. so the strokes each side are not even.
Thank you Russ that’s a great explanation so I assume they must shave differently to both a wedge and a hollow grind ?

P&B Interlinked tallow soap and after shave lotion. I got it as I was looking for something different to what I have and because the picture has planets/space on it and I test satellites for a living, I thought OK, why not.
I've not tried the Treet, or Big Ben blades, so got a few packs of each to see if I like them.
I don't see any sign of this buying frenzy slowing down, but as I don't really have any other vices, who am I hurting? Exactly! I'll carry on for now.

Attachments

• Aq_Jul.jpg
    Aq_Jul.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 4
8E43AB4A-72B6-4872-A175-2A2C243BBCCC.jpeg
today is a good day - parcel forwarded to me by my friend from America - two Lancaster x mammoth shaving towels , DG mayflower bought used on that side with south padre and few samples thrown in.
Brush is a loaner - B11 28mm knot in Wild West brush works handle!
B&m terror and LGC splashes arrived from slickboys
And to top it off - couple of free perfume testers from Facebook ads :) looking forward to trying the Jo Makonde velvet rose and oud. @Olie29 i think this perfume will be right up your street !

Back
Top Bottom