Lather?

stolensocks said:
Can lather be made the night before to save time in the morning or will it go bad?

It would dry back out to the soap or cream it was before. Just practice at making the lather and you will find it will only take you less than 30 seconds to do once you get the hang of what you are after

yeah... i face lather, and i can knock up a good lather for shaving in about 20-30 seconds lol.

I also shave in the shower which saves even more time... wet the brush, shake it out, apply dollop of cream to brush, apply to face in circular motions... voila... lather.

Short answer is no, it won't last. A decent lather will only last about 10-15 minutes, no more. It dries out and the bubbles pop after a while leaving you with no cushion.

I'm not as lucky as the guys above, I seem to take 1-2 minutes to make up some lather but even then it's no big bind once you allow time for it. And a fresh lather still warm in your bowl is a pleasure in itself.

Creams are generally that bit quicker than hard soap as there's more water content to start with.

II too find it takes a bit longer here - a minute or two if I face-lather and perhaps 3 minutes or so if I bowl-lather. I tend to wet my face, rub in some glycerine soap suds (which I use as a pre-shave), then leave it on as I drain the water from my bowl and gently squeeze some of the water from my brush. I then squeeze some cream into the bowl, rinse the soap from my face and make my lather.

Me too, if I'm up before 5 I try not to wake my family and I'll shave before bed instead, if it's a good DE shave (3 passes will do the trick) then it'll look presentable in the morning still.

I gather that hair grows very little while you're asleep, your whole body apparently slows down. It's been discussed here before if I remember rightly.

pedro083 said:
stolensocks said:
Thanks for the replys guys as I rise at 4am and try to sneak out with the minimal fuss I could make :lol:

You could also try shaving the night before, thats what I do most of the time due to early rises as well

Might be an idea as I'm new to straight razor shaving , 4am probably not the best time to be having a go at my face

pedro083 said:
stolensocks said:
Thanks for the replys guys as I rise at 4am and try to sneak out with the minimal fuss I could make :lol:

You could also try shaving the night before, thats what I do most of the time due to early rises as well

+1,I mostly shave at night too,I just feel a lot more relaxed and have plenty of time in hand :shave :shave

I'm another night shaver. If it wasn't a close one and didn't leave me sore I will usually shave in the morning as well. The night time one usually uses more luxury stuff and I try to get very close; the morning one cheaper creams/blades unless I'm expecting a bad day.

Back
Top Bottom