Razor Info?

OK Men I know you will give me some info on this razor I recently restored, the scales are the original, and only needed a small amount of work and polishing, the blade had a small amount of rust mostly around the tang when I took the scales off and a little on the spine, no internal washer, I put on a new set when I reassembled the razor it's very small razor 4/8 and the blade markings read like this, Gotlieb Hammesfahr Soligen Foche. with the number 71 on one side and a Pyramid on the other side.

Jamie

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

Yes, I know a little bit about Hammesfahr. In fact the name is perhaps more familiar in knife fancying circles as they were responsible for the best of the third Reich ceremonial daggers, if I remember correctly. Google will supply you with all the historical details; my subjective take on the subject is that if there are any better ground German razors, I've yet to see one. Here is the thread on my highly unconventional reworking of a Pyramide.

That looks lovely Andy I must say, I dont know if I should take the razor to the buffer polisher, or leave it looking very clean and original, what do you think?

Jamie.

If it were mine, I'd leave it as is. Mind you, and I'm keen to say this at every opportunity, it's your razor and therefore your decision will be the right one.

Back
Top Bottom