Razor Review - Seygus Zeppelin Ti vs Reggie’s Razors Titan

I received a Reggie’s Razors Titan in the post earlier today.

The razor is made of grade 2 titanium and weighs 64g. It has a handle length of 85mm, a blade gap of 0.6mm and is manufactured in the UK. It comes with a lifetime warranty which is printed on a sturdy metal plate.

I was previously lucky enough to trial the Titan in the forum pass around and really enjoyed using it, hence the purchase.

Given that I had an idea as to how it was going to shave I thought I would undertake a comparison with one of my favourite Ti razors; the Seygus Zeppelin v2 with a 0.5 / 0.7mm plate.

The Titan shaves very nicely and gives a smooth and efficient shave.

Whilst the Seygus is 10g heavier, it does have a longer handle.

The Titan has a smaller threaded central post than the Zeppelin, but this doesn’t cause any problem when attaching the handle. It reminds me very much of a vintage Gillette Tech in this respect.

The Titan is polished, however, the quality of the polishing is not as good as that on the Zeppelin.

I loaded both with a new Rapira Platinum Lux blade and shaved half of my face and head with one razor and the other half with the other razor.

The results were interesting:

The Titan was smoother and more efficient than the 0.7mm side of the Zeppelin. This enabled it to give a nice and comfortable shave on my face and an awesome head shave.

For the second pass I compared the Titan with the 0.5mm side of the Zeppelin.

The 0.5mm side of the Zeppelin is one of the smoothest shaving options out there and has only been bettered by my RS-10.

Suffice to say, the Titan felt less smooth than the 0.5mm side of the Zeppelin but not by much.

I really like the Titan and the weight and balance feels spot on.

It’s definitely a razor which will stay in my collection.