Rene de Bruyn in Black Horn

Here is a blade that got my interest because of the shape and the fact that it's from Belgium - I hadn't come across any before. It's a fairly hefty (about?) half grind 6/8" wide and a full 3" cutting edge and had been sitting in my workroom ignored for the last few months. However when I cleaned it up I was surprised at the quality so I made some scales from black horn with an acrylic spacer and silver nickel pins and SS washers - which I kept small this time.

It has taken an incredibly small but very sharp edge which I tried to capture in one of the photos but without success. A couple of the pics were taken in daylight and show the true colour.

IMG_0989_zps6767e6b1.jpg

IMG_0992_zps89c11d78.jpg

IMG_0991_zpse02e3aa6.jpg

IMG_0995_zps11797d13.jpg

IMG_0996_zps60fb6ce9.jpg

IMG_0994_zpsa1bb106c.jpg

Well worth the wait - the last photo shows some lovely grain and the shape of your scales compliment the shape of the blade perfectly.

Very nice looking blade Rob, plus it's also shoulderless, you don't see many razors from Belgium, I was contacted by someone over on Badger & Blade a while back he had a lovely looking De Pews Belgium razor I could have got hold of but I had my eye on something else at the time.

Jamie

I forgot to mention in the earlier post that the defined heel is what attracted me to the shape. Most razors have a rounded heel whereas this one is quite acute - this helps me as I don't change hands when shaving so, when it comes to my left cheek, I will use the heel closest to my ear which is a bit easier, and gives more visibility, rather than having the toe closest.

UKRob said:
I forgot to mention in the earlier post that the defined heel is what attracted me to the shape. Most razors have a rounded heel whereas this one is quite acute - this helps me as I don't change hands when shaving so, when it comes to my left cheek, I will use the heel closest to my ear which is a bit easier, and gives more visibility, rather than having the toe closest.

very nice indeed!

Back
Top Bottom