Ring of Fire

Pig Cat said:
cheese_dave said:
Oh I just thought the idea was to use NOTHING BUT smileys to communicate during September, i.e. no typed words. Now there's a challenge.

Some of the stuff I have to say is pretty damn deep. Do you really think that :? is enough to express that?

We need a rhetorical smilie.

Adam Richer & the Man vs Food crew did a show in Austin TX. The Family & i were in Austin about 6 months after we had seen the show. We drove past the BBQ joint - Salt lick - by chance as it is about 20miles out of Austin. We stopped & had a feed, as you do. Great brisket & ribs - no beer, its in a dry county :?

We made a point of going to the breakfast joint he went too, Jaun in a Million. Both of these places did great food, both of these places had people queing out the door - all day. He puts places on the map. He could probably do a sideline in arse cooling packs. :lol: His must be reminiscent of a Japanese flag.

Thats a very good question antdad.

I wonder how they pick the venues? Do they phone ahead & say we are looking for places that sell massive portions/specials or that serve tailpipe scorching dishes. Or do the venues have to have the above but feel they need some big advertizing??

Id guess that they are places that are big in the US cultural awareness.

We have some ourselves - The Rupali Curry house - Newcastle (allegedly home of the UKs hottest curry) , Mario’s Cafe Bar £10 breakfast (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bit.ly/KxAJD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bit.ly/KxAJD</a><!-- m -->) to name just 2.

The US being bigger and being more geared for the bigger portion just naturally has more of em really.

hunnymonster said:
Yup - had a pile of those... she's the only person I know that's even attempted it stone cold sober too (she did ask them to "jazz it up a bit" the last time :lol: )

We know who wears thew trousers in your house. :lol:

20090415bhutjolokia.jpg

Tis the ghost but not grown by me. I was given some seeds a few weeks ago, it is too late to plant them now...

I also have some pimento seeds from Trinidad. Trinis call them pimentos, to me they look like a scotch bonnet that has a more pointed end. They are mild but their flavour is incredible.

Ive got some Naga Jolokia for next year, hoping to start em early January with my light box.
This year was mostly Joes long Cayenne's and some Paper Lantern Habs (which are only just ripening..).

Not the best of growing summers really.

SWMBO's dad was a gardener for the local council back in the day and now he is retired he tried his hand at growing everything.

Last year and the year before he grew some Pinocchio's Nose Chili which are basically like standard green/red chili but longer.

This year however he managed to grow Apache F1 Hybrid chili and wow those things are pretty strong.

Not as strong as a Scotch Bonnet though.

Back
Top Bottom