Greetings

Monday 13th May 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Vulfix 406 Boar
Cream: Ingram
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

In the spirit of being a team player I have 'endured' a shave with Ingram's; to be quite fair the only thing I have against Ingram is that it is Mentholated (a fairly major point if you are less then keen on menthol) the cream provides a great lather and good slip/glide but I dislike the way it anaesthetises your face. The cold water rinse gives me brain freeze! :icon_razz:

Regards
Dick.

TOBS Lavender shaving cream
Henk walnut silvertip
New Standard (NEw Improved)
Super Iridium (second shave I think)
Joop EDT.

Very nice but I splashed far too much Joop on, forgetting it was EDT rather than a/s!

Hotel shave this morning, so I get to use the Cream of the week, which is banned indoors as the misses hates the smell of it.

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Simpson Wee Scot
Razor: Gillette Bostonian
Blade: Gillette SuperThin
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum
Cologne: Issey Mayake

I haven't used Ingram much for about 10 years due to the fact that my wife doesn't like it, but it's like an old friend as it is what I used when I first started shaving as a teenager, largely as it is what my Dad has always used.

Still as good as I remember, I face lathered with the Wee Scot and produced an excellent creamy lather, just a shame that the people that design the bathrooms in Holiday Inn still haven't worked out that you need to be able to see what you are doing, perhaps I should pack a torch in future. Why is it so dark in the bathroom? I don't need mood lighting to have a shave.

Still a good shave, and quite enjoyable.

Prep: Proraso White
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: Weber DLC/UFO U2

First time trying ingrams, couldn't get the consistency right. Had to rinse out my brush and try it much drier. In the end was a good shave not the thickest of lather, but BBS and irritation free.

You naughty boy you,I can here thrashing of a fish near your picture bait but will he bite? Mabe some helpfull comments.....
[/quote]

John? This guy reminds me of Mikey in some ways. I gotta admit the Good Doctor knows which of my damn buttons to push. He even made a point of including the Cobra in this pic.........sheesh.

I have only a sad AOS soap story. Years ago when I used lots of creams I would sometimes lather up the lemon version. Very good performance and the scent was kinda nice. It's a single note frag with a true unsweetened lemon scent and was the only AOS flavor I cared to use. Never tried any of the soaps back then, even though I heard they were tallow based made by Valobra in Italy and were excellent performers.

Anyway, a few years ago one vendor was selling off all the AOS soaps/creams for half price. Using hindsight I now realize I shoulda bought a bunch of soaps but didn't. Oh well.

I am now reading the soaps have since been reformulated but have no first hand knowledge.

Best I can do storywise.......

Martin

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave
Soap: Ingram (soap of the week)
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal #2
Brush: Traditional Shaving Co. Pure Badger
Razor: EJ DE89L (shimmed)
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock green (2)
After: Superdrug Sierra Breeze AS, L'Occitane Cade ASB

Ingram Week Day 1

Not having used Ingram before I found I had to use a little more cream than I would usually, but I'd expected this from others' reports. Managed to whip up a decent lather but wasn't as voluminous as with other creams.

On the first pass I was thinking "this lather doesn't smell that mentholly". Second pass I was thinking "this feels quite cool now". Third pass I thought "I can't feel my face any more!"
However I started to get full feeling back to my face after an hour or so. Wow, this would be good for hot summer days but today wasn't one of them.
I don't think it matters what aftershave you use as the Ingram conquers all.

I felt the lather is thinner on the face but still seems to give the same comfortable shave that other creams do with a thicker consistency.

Result: Nice smooth shave with a feeling that you should be in the dentist waiting room ready for a filling.

John? This guy reminds me of Mikey in some ways. I gotta admit the Good Doctor knows which of my damn buttons to push. He even made a point of including the Cobra in this pic.........sheesh.

I have only a sad AOS soap story. Years ago when I used lots of creams I would sometimes lather up the lemon version. Very good performance and the scent was kinda nice. It's a single note frag with a true unsweetened lemon scent and was the only AOS flavor I cared to use. Never tried any of the soaps back then, even though I heard they were tallow based made by Valobra in Italy and were excellent performers.

Anyway, a few years ago one vendor was selling off all the AOS soaps/creams for half price. Using hindsight I now realize I shoulda bought a bunch of soaps but didn't. Oh well.

I am now reading the soaps have since been reformulated but have no first hand knowledge.

Best I can do storywise.......

Martin
[/quote]
Hi Martin looks like the helpfull good Doctor is indeed fishing for you and with out mercy and he's got you on his hook, I have tryed Valobra and its a good performer,but alas judging buy the reaction I think they are tallow based and didn't agree with my chops.:s

Hot shower
Prorasso Green pre shave
Prorasso Green soap
Simpson Duke 3
Merkur 39 (c)
Bolzano blade
Prorasso green aftershave
Boots Freshwood balm
Penhaligons Racquets Cologne

First time using this razor, and first time with this blade. Not as aggressive as I was led to believe. Cut through 3.5 days of growth with ease. I would describe this razor as efficient, rather than aggressive. Small weeper on the adams apple, not unusual for me and I expect the second shave with this blade will be slightly better. (I find this with most blades)

3 pass BBS shave, on application of the Prorasso I realised just how smooth this combo is. No sting, just a warming glow (apart from the Adams apple)

Enjoyable, unrushed shave.........

Afternoon,

Prep: Usual hot shower
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Ingrams(Cream/Soap of week)
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable (R3)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue(2)
Brush: Vulfix 404
EdT: AdP Colonia Assoluta

Another great shave with this razor/blade combo. Nice menthol wake-up with Ingrams and Proraso !!!!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: M&F
Razor: Taylor 1000
Soap: Penhaligon's English Fern
AS: Blue Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean

Prep: Glycerine Soap, Cold Water, Proraso Pre Green Tea & Oatmeal
Soap: MWF
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Super Iridium (3)
EdT: D.R. Harris Windsor

2-pass DFS.

Afternoon, everyone.

Monday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89 with iKon Bulldog handle, shimmed
Blade: Super Max SS (3)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: La Toja
A/S: Pashana

La Toja gives such a terrific lather for smooth, quality shaves.

sat eveing

simpson brush,
dovo straight
bbr lab blue
nanny's eucylptus
nivia sensitive asb
pen's 1870

good close shave