S.O.T.D. Saturday 3rd June to Friday 9th June 2017

SOTD

D.R. Harris Windsor Soap
Simpson Classic 1 Synthetic Brush
Geo. Wostenholm & Son Genuine Pipe Razor
D.R. Harris Windsor Aftershave Balm
D.R. Harris Windsor Eau de Toilette

Not used a SR in 6 weeks or so, a bit iffy to start with but just like riding a bike it all comes back to you in no time... And yes, Windsor is my favourite shaving software in the world

Tue 06/06/17

Pre Shave: Face wash with L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil (don't tell SWMBO)
Cream: British Barbers Association Shave Cream
Brush: Zenith B03-A26 Bristle
Bowl: Giles Shaving
Blade: Israeli Personna (5)
Razor: Rockwell 6C (#4)
EDT: Issey Miyake Sport Homme

A cold water shave tonight...

The BBA cream was excellent, plenty of protection, glide and residual slickness - three passes with Rockwell and the Personna is now done.

Razor: Scimitar Bluebeard's Revenge
Blade: Pol Silver (3)
Brush: Shavemac ATG LE The Nisky Silvertip Fan
Soap: Nuavia Verde
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger

It's been raining here for 3 days and after I finished everything I had to finish I decided to relax and have a great shave. It was an excellent 3 passes with an amazing lather that I whipped up in my new The Distinctive Goat Maple Cherry wood bowl.

Fabulous bowl.

Tuesday

3P preshave cream
Vitos Green soap
Semogue Owners Club 2012 Special edition
Kai Captain Excelia loaded with a Feather Super Pro (#1)
Alum Block
A new mix of buttters for post shave.
James Bronnley Gentleman's EDT

Decided to slip in a pseudo straight shave today. A really good 2 pass shave with touch up.
I must admit....the Excelia is not my favourite razor. In my opinion it is more difficult to use than the Feather
SS.....but I do use it occasionally. The Eagle eyes will have noticed that I took the photo BEFORE I loaded
the blade!
Post shave was inspired by @Blademonkey . I made up a mix of Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter and Coconut oil.
It looks good so far and is absorbed much more quickly.

Razor: SE2 with Atlas handle
Razor blade/s: Kai Captain mild and Feather Pro
Brush: Romera Manchurian
Soap: Saponifico Varesino Tundra Artica

Firstly a big thank you to @Nishy for the loan of the SE2 (first version).

I wasn't sure what blade to try first as I'd heard the SE2 was on aggressive side.
I decided to go with the Kai Captain mild (no guard).
On the first pass I found the blade tuggy and rough so I tried to swap it for a Proline but it wouldn't fit.
I did find the Proline was a tight fit on the SE1 too why h is something for me to consider if I do end up buying one.

I changed the blade to a Feather Pro (2) and things improved, slightly on the second pass.
On the third pass I was tempted to go back to the SE1 as I was finding the shave pretty rough. I decided to stick with it but didn't enjoy the shave at all. I didn't find the teeth an issue, as I've found with some OC.

I wasn't left with any tenderness but it wasn't a comfortable shave.

Thanks to Avnish for sending the razor, it's been a great help.

Love spreads.......

Nice review
With regards to the Proline blades being a tight fit, those were exactly my findings in the SE1 too.