S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th January to Friday 15th January 2016

Wednesday

LEA stick
FS Pur-Tech Synthetic
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Personna Lab
Alum
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

Quick shave with the soap stick and a synthetic, still a great finish.

Wed 13th January
Omega 11126/ MWF
Gem Push Button
Gem S/S [ 7 ]
Alum Rub /Floid Vigoroso A/S

With a blade at end of use [ for me anyway ] , the PB was the ideal razor to use , as so forgiving. Not only was the shave quite smooth ,but I was able to use the razor to polish up , so that shave quality was very good.

Greetings

Wednesday 13th January 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick 66 (G4) Injector
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: Boots Vintage
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Miller Harris La Fumee

Regards
Dick.

Last edited:
Neutrogena glycerine soap
Romera Manchurian
MWF
ATT Atlas M1
Polsilver SI
Alum rub
Lab series balm
Penhaligons Opus 1870

Couple of weepers but beautiful all the same.
The best soap on the planet, not sure why I bother with anything else.

I've found a pre shave oil helps with soaps that tingle.

Embrace The Cold

• OneBlade
• GEM SS PTFE (8)
• Plisson Pearly Gray Synth
• Barrister & Mann Arctique set
• Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EdP

The 8th shave on this GEM blade and I can definitely feel more resistance while it cuts (my Woosah) compared to the 2-shave Feather yesterday. However, the result of this shave was much better, especially on my neck. No irritation or blood at all today, which I can't say from the Feather blade on its first 2 uses.

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Strop Shoppe's Baker Street
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Feather (2)
Post #1: Vichy Homme After Shave Balm
Post #2: Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
Scent: Chergui by Serge Lutens

Wonderful shave with a great soap. My skin feels great.

SOTD - 12 DECEMBER 2016

Hello there:

Today I used the OSP soap again but it was another scent, the "Grapefruit Menthol". I have to say that it didn't satisfy my expectation due to a very tame aroma. It was very hard to detect any traces of grapefruit, it smell like simple soap.

I had the hope the scent will boost during loading and leathering but my hopes went down the drain very quickly. Any inkling of Grapefruit disappeared. One thing this soap will provide, coolness. The high amount of menthol will freeze your face when you lather in the face.

I would suggest to OSP to inverse the mixture of fragrance and menthol, more Grapefruit and less menthol. On the other hand, the performance of the soap is fantastic, similar to the Bay Rum which I love.

Here is a picture of the tools used for the shave.

If you notice, I used my ATT S2 with a new Gillette Platinum blade. After the second pass, I missed my oneBlade. I had grown accustomed to the OneBlade than the rest are no match to it.

Have a nice rest of the day.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: S.M.Novella
Soap: Cella
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm synthetic
Razor: PAL Injecto-matic
Blade: Schick Injector - chick (1)
After: WH, Superdrug Forest Fresh AS, Clarins ASB

This week I are been mostly using Cella and it's been a great success everyday. The almond scent is soft so that you don't get bored sniffing the stuff everyday. I've managed to doughnut the soap as I can now see the bottom of the tub. I bought this soap 4 years ago and it's still performing like (almond) nuts.

Wednesday AM 01-13-2016

Georgetown Pottery G5 scuttle
Rooney Polo 2 Finest (27mm/60mm)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream
Feather AS-D2/Triad 'Electric Blue' Aristocrat
Wilkinson Light Brigade (3)
Wild Crop witch hazel
Aramis Havana EdT

Schick HydroMagic..

Three Shaving Pass Routine..

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Schick Hydro Injector
NOS Dutch Super Stainless Blade x 4
Kent BK 2 Badger Brush
VITOS Green Tallow Soap (Italy)
LOGONA Mann Aftershave Splash (From Germany)

I had an outing with my Dutch made Hydro & NOS Dutch blade combo today..I had my first shave with a newly acquired Kent BK2 badger brush..My first Badger brush that I have ever owned...It sure is a luxury item..I like it an all..I enjoyed the experience very much..Doesn't improve the end result but the journey sure is a lot more luxurious no bones about that..Kinda like the difference between holding hands with Wee Mary from round the corner & a 6 foot blonde with legs all the way up to her armpits..

The later Schick injector Models are the only ones that I get the odd Micro nick from..I reckon its because I don't spend as much time with them and when I do use them I am just a tad more reckless with them...That's said the Schick D, E & F Types are a tad smoother shavers than later models although they are more aggressive...Well for me anyway...Its an interesting one...I am on my 4th three pass shave with this Dutch made blade & its still a lot sharper than any current blade fresh from the box..Dolphin Smooth & refreshed & many thanks to the badger that donated his/her hair for my brush..

Billy