Scents From Heaven shaving soaps ~ reccomendations

Hi , im going to buy a few from them soon , just looking for feedback and experience from using them , any favourites ?
Also they give an option of "Essential oil" or "Fragrance" shaving soaps , not sure what the advantage is of one or the other ?
Are they glycerine clear-ish type soaps or soap type soaps :huh:
Cheers :)

They're hard glycerine soaps. They lather easily . I have six or seven if them and all the fragrances are good with decent strength and in the case if the designer fragrance copies pretty faithful to the original.

The chocolate shaving soap is very strong and smells a bit artificial

They are clearish glycerine soaps. I got the Paco XS smellalike - not too keen on it. Lime, which came marked up Lime and cucumber which smells nice and limey and I bought the Cherry one which smells really nice like morello cherries. They are worth a try you can always use them as a bath soap if you dont like them.

I also bought her JPG smellalike aftershave gel which to me smells spot on.

I've had gr8 service from them & the soaps are goodly value. Brut doesn't really "smell like" however it's pleasant & the soap gives typical glycerine soap performance. Won't dry out your skin.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

i've been tempted by their stuff although they claim their soaps are SLS free but then list SLSs in the ingredients (?)

not that i'm that bothered but it is unclear. perhaps i'm misunderstanding something.

i still like the sound of a Quorum shave soap :)

Thanks , ive never used a glycerine soap before and for some totally unknown reason i have a preconception that there not great ??? but i will try a couple of these and see :)

mrlimbo said:
Thanks , ive never used a glycerine soap before and for some totally unknown reason i have a preconception that there not great ??? but i will try a couple of these and see :)

They seem to be one of these products which most people either favour or disfavour. With a history of skin probs over the years glycerine soaps were a revelation for me & I've seldom ever used much else since first trying them. But then other members whose opinions I value have finished up using some of them as bath soaps as they found their performance so unsuitable. Just another case of (shaving) horses for courses.

At the cost of the SoH soaps you'll not lose much if they don't suit & you may just discover a whole new serendippity experience which changes you life !

Enjoy.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom