Shaving causing normal spots?

Since I started wet shaving, moving away from my electric, I have noticed I have smally spots over the areas I shave. They are not the normal red lumps from a bad shave, just seem like normal everyday small spots, but not red.

Is this due to not being used to a wet shave?

Advice welcome.

Shaving every 2-3 days.
Use aftershave balm.
Using feather changing blade every 2nd shave.

Try alum. I can get a spot or two if I use some balms without alum first.

Or you could use a splash instead of the balm.

Ian

Could be all sorts. I found that Feather blades always left me with red blotches (admittedly not spots) and I moved away from them... not had a problem since.

Start from scratch, leave out the balms etc for a short while and you'll get an idea of what it might be as you re-introduce products.

Electric razors are known to miss many spots..they used to drive me nuts!..though I was talking to a guy at my gym and he uses a norelco IN the shower and uses his shampoo as face lather!... :lol:
Then I told him about my use of DE/Str8 razors..he called me "manly" :shock:
he assumed if it works..why fix it?

B

Robbo said:

Nope, it's down to you not taking much notice of advice given since you started.

Canuck's being polite I'm not. Start over in shaving help, no Feathers or jojoba.

antdad said:
Robbo said:

Nope, it's down to you not taking much notice of advice given since you started.

Canuck's being polite I'm not. Start over in shaving help, no Feathers or jojoba.

First off how do you know I have ignored the advice given? Have i posted up after each shave to keep you informed on what I am doing? .... No.

FYI I have done the advice given and it has worked on the problem I was having at the time.

I have used jojoba on my face for years as a normal cleansing regeme without problems, and have tried with and without on a shave and find that it feels less sore if I put some on before my lather.

I have used gillette 7 for weeks, then tried the feather which seemed much better.

I have used the same after shave balm and the same shaving cream.

The spots, which are more pimple like have been there since I started wet shaving x amount of months ago.

Maybe that's just my face, who know.

Maybe I need a new aftershave of alum block, less passes, new cream, could be any, all, or non.

Hi Robbo,

I don't see this mentioned in your routine, but have you tried cleansing your face with some Witch Hazel on a cotton pad after you rinse and before you apply the balm. It could be that soap residue remains caught in your pores blocking them and causing the spots. The Witch Hazel helps to clear any residue left behind.

I use WH after ever shave as a toner but I splash it on and let my skin air dry as I don't tend to suffer from spots so don't need that deep clean that you get from the cotton pads.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom