Silk Knot Cufflink Advice

Dear all

Life is a merry go round at the moment, marriage gone south but new job and promotion.

In light of that have spent a fortune on new shoes, suits, ties etc.

I have a few pairs of silver, plaint and enamelled cufflinks but want to get a few simple of the abovementioned.

Austin Reed look a good bet and am going to look at Thomas Pink later, does anyone have any first hand experience and personal preference?

I would be looking at plain non loud colurs, black, navy and red.

Regards

Ben

hdb3326 said:
Dear all

Life is a merry go round at the moment, marriage gone south but new job and promotion.

In light of that have spent a fortune on new shoes, suits, ties etc.

I have a few pairs of silver, plaint and enamelled cufflinks but want to get a few simple of the abovementioned.

Austin Reed look a good bet and am going to look at Thomas Pink later, does anyone have any first hand experience and personal preference?

I would be looking at plain non loud colurs, black, navy and red.

Regards

Ben

You won't go wrong with any decent shirt retailer - Charles Tyrwhitt, Lewin, Hawes & Curtis - all will stock silk knots, but in my experience the stock can be inconsistent. By that I mean I wanted to track down a pair of green knots, but it took me a while to find a pair.

Not sure where you are based but if Bicester Village is in range you can hit Thomas Pink, Hackett, Gieves & Hawkes, Charles Tyrwhitt, Jaeger all in one location. I'm sure that selection would satisfy your requirements.

Good luck

Jon

I've got a few pairs, white ones, blue ones... the last ones I picked up from Tyrwhitt. To be honest, they all seem to be the same quality. I even wonder if they might not all be sourced from the same manufacturer. Just find the colour you need and go for it :)

Colour is the key, they all stretch out after a while. So I wouldn't spend too much.
I have a few Thomas Pinks and some cheaper ones but I recall they are all around a fiver. Can't tell by looking at them.
Bicester is spot on for choice. As is the shopping village outside York if you live that way.

I invariably go for the ones on eBay, you can buy lots for little money and as experience tells me - expensive ones get stretched and lost just the same as cheaper ones so wear them a few times and just get rid of them.

eBay?

Ive just got the managers post for 6 months at my place, so out of uniform and into shirt and tie - shirts fine, I have a healthy selection of Eterna and Melka shirts but ties were a bit, well, stuck in the 1990's - Daffy Duck really no longer cuts it.
So I have stocked up on a load of cheap paisley ties from China & Singapore some of which came with matching hankies or matching cufflinks of the silk knot variety.

Taste in ties is a very personal thing. When I 'use to work' I wore a tie every day. Found that a nice small pattern and good quality and appropriate length were the most important issues to consider.

Back
Top Bottom