SOTD: Saturday 1 June - Friday 7 June 2024.

My first shave of the day post.
:
Pre - hot shower with Marcel's Green Soap
Prep - none except a splash of hot water
Brush - Semogue 820 red
Cream - Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor - Parker Solo-Edge
Blade - Silver Star Super Stainless snapped in half
Finish - Cold rinse; black towel to pat dry.
Lotion - Woody's Aftershave Tonic

This is my fifth daily shave with the Parker Solo-Edge so my face is still getting used to it. No nicks yet but I'm expecting it. Hence the black towel which doesn't show the blood.

07/06/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Vintage Brit Ingram's
Razor - Blackland Brassbird
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT

To me there is not a lot of difference in performance and lather quality between the Brilliant Brit Ingram's and the newer Egyptian version, maybe a tiny bit of synthetic smell to the scent of the newer version.
Another cracker of a shave.
Thanks for the mention Ken @Rip my flesh it was a pleasure meeting you. Mrs Rip and of course Woofles, i do hope she feels better soon. Yeah, that brush is a big one it came as part of a PIF to me from Iain @Digimonkey, so glad you are happy with the goodies box and an inspirational Tech choice for your SOTD with the Frenchie.
Finally,
Happy Birthday Barry @Palmolive fox

Enjoy your day all.

What! What! WHAT!

That's my elitist status just gone through the bloody window. You commoner. I'm sending the villagers around to pay a visit.

https://giphy.com/yZhtXQfGDhTzy7GUsW

You are right though. The world does need a coconut shaving soap and it is pretty damn fine......you poo poo snail

Thank you Tony. I actually had the great pleasure of seeing the Ramones a few times. I blame them & Motorhead for me now having to wear hearing aids when watching TV. I would like to pass on my regards to ken @Rip my flesh & his good lady & the wonderful Woofles I wish his good lady a quick recovery. Yours-B.

Last edited:
SOTD 07-June

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot
Soap: MdC Vetyver
Razor: R41
Blade: Wizamet

Today's theme, "Vetiver You Want"...as long as its vetiver. MdC was an easy choice, I like the scent and you can't argue with the performance. The Floid balm was a bit of a surprise though, it was actually pleasant both in scent and performance. I was very grateful that the balm was decent as well, the challenge being to go straight to against the grain and no more...

I swear I didn't do it but it made me chuckle, it's just a meme nothing grotesque.

I was lucky I had the R41 lined up today, it was almost the rolls razor and I dread to think how that would have turned out.

Hope everyone has a good'un.

Cheers

Marc

Hope Woofles is fine...I missed her...
Thank you chaps very much for your wishes on Woofles speedy recovery. We've spent most of today (and a small fortune) at the vet's while she had numerous scans and tests and was pumped full of painkillers and antibiotics. The vet thinks she has an infection of some kind, but couldn't be any more specific, despite the procedures. Woofles does seem a bit better now although still sleeping! Must admit I thought we had lost her there, but thankfully not. No shave tonight - too stressed.
Oh, and happy birthday to the inspiring @Palmolive fox!

I love woofles and always enjoy seeing her when you post a shave photo. Fingers crossed she’s back in top form in no time. Little piggy

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Stirling Black Ice.
Razors Leaf & La faulx.
Blade Feather Pro Super (3)
Aftershave Stirling Black Ice splash.

Cracking shave after a cracking day and as you can tell I am making the most of the La Faulx whilst I still have my grubby mitts on it.
Have a great evening all.