SOTD: Saturday 1 June - Friday 7 June 2024.

2 May

TOBS Sandalwood
Simpson M7
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

A very luxurious, smooth and comfortable Sunday shave which was marred by one small thing. The lather faded between first and second pass. Not a common problem with Taylor’s creams! Usually I get a mountain of lather with this cream. Clearly I failed to load the bush with sufficient cream. My bad!

02/06/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Lea Cream (Spain)
Razor - Feather DX ACD-N
Blade - Feather Lights
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Williams Original

As with everything, practice makes perfect, i am glad i persevered with the DX Kamisori as after a few dozen (sometimes bloody or too close) shaves with it i feel i am getting there. I am much more confident and my technique has improved massively.
A really nice 2 pass shave today leaving me with a DFS+ finish, some slight indication from the alum rub and splash, saying that nothing to shout about .
Enjoy your Sunday all.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (tallow)
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20)
Blade: Iridium Super BN-84 (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vintage Cussons Imperial Leather Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Floris Leather Oud EdT

Razor - EJ89 3D Diamond
Blade - Personna Platinum
Brush - ES Medium synthetic
Lather - LEA shaving stick, face lathered

I know I’ve spent days on hols using the LEA stick, but I really think it’s hard to beat, so had to use it again before it goes back in the holiday drawer.

Another outing for the EJ89. It really does everything I want… but will probably be running out the Timor next time.

Excellent shave. Had to use a tiny dob of the Proraso superglue on a nickette, but otherwise clean and irritation free. I’m getting quite fond of finishing with a cold splash of late… it could be due to the wonderful temperate weather here in West Yorkshire. I’ve been having to break an icicle off the cold tap for the last nine months.

Last couple of shaves -

Karve Overlander alu - Gillette Nacet - Frank Shaving two-band - witch hazel - Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents soap & splash.

Superb - a top-class soap base and scent. This shave was sponsored by my good friends @Paul L shaving - cheers P.
Links are affiliate - ring that bell! Whatever the fcuk that means. Enjoy yours - cheers - I.

Last edited:
SOTD: 02/06/2024

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a fine Sunday!

2/6/24

Brush - Omega/GFS The Hog
Soap - Arko Stick
Razor - Gillette Aluminium Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet (10)
AS - La Rive Cabana

Second shave for Tech June-kies, and I dug out one of my aluminum Techs, brass top plate, baseplate and handle aluminum. These seem to be the ugly ducklings of the Tech world, but I think that reputation is undeserved. I'd say it is a touch more efficient than the all solid brass counterpart, and produces a wonderful shave with the right blade. I think I might give this particular Tech a bit more of a runout during this month.

SOTD 02-June

Brush: Wald J4
Soap: Old Spice
Razor: Shield SE AC
Blade: Schick P30

In an effort to get back into SOTD posts I've decided to jump into the r/wetshaving lather games again this year, it's good for a giggle with the random shenanigans. Today's general theme being nautical, so out comes the Wald 'Deep Sea' J4, the Shield SE AC and the wonderful old spice.

Genuinely a wonderful combination, true the Wald is perhaps a little big to load from the mug properly, but it managed it admirably. Along the the excellent Shield, this was a cracking shave.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!

Cheers

Marc