SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

SoTd
Another glorious shave with the boker 5/8 with the smoked acrylic scales and Pearl tang..so smooth it’s a very enjoyable blade. Lately I seem to keep reaching for the razorock soap it’s the only razorock I’ve tried so can’t compare to their other bases but it makes a decent lather the scent is lovely.. the touch of menthol is just so refreshing it’s becoming one of the go to soaps for the warmer evening’s, even though it not quite like using the SV it’s still very nice9ED910D8-A56F-4991-86FE-CB9C4B89294C.jpeg

Monday

Palmolive Menthol Cream
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
RazoRock ‘German 37’ slant
Super Iridium Extra Stainless (2)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

I picked up a couple of the Palmolive Menthol tubes over the weekend; and it really is good stuff. It gives a beautiful face freeze and, like any good cream, a fingertip sized snurdle was enough for more passes than a knobend on Mastermind (I only go for two passes these days; my cutlery arsenal tends toward the assertive).

Second outing for the 37; and it really is quite the cutler paired with the SI. I like its weight and balance. It’s also more on the front foot as compared to the Merkur 37C (a razor I still enjoy).

Feeling smooth, cool and eucalyptically mentholated.

View attachment 71705
You got the right handle for it! Mine came with a longer Bulldog handle which I swapped off for the HD handle and knew immediatey that was the right choice.

SoTd
Another glorious shave with the boker 5/8 with the smoked acrylic scales and Pearl tang..so smooth it’s a very enjoyable blade. Lately I seem to keep reaching for the razorock soap it’s the only razorock I’ve tried so can’t compare to their other bases but it makes a decent lather the scent is lovely.. the touch of menthol is just so refreshing it’s becoming one of the go to soaps for the warmer evening’s, even though it not quite like using the SV it’s still very niceView attachment 71706
It's a good soap. The other two in their premium range are also good - The Dead Sea and Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze. I think you'll like them. Their other soaps are underwhelming though.

It's a good soap. The other two in their premium range are also good - The Dead Sea and Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze. I think you'll like them. Their other soaps are underwhelming though.
Thanks for the recommendations think I will have to give them a try at some point, off to have a look at the scent profiles on them..been thinking of getting the fresco splash to go with it, have you used it and if so what do you think to it ?

The shave with the theme 'This shave does not include Britt Ekland'

IMG_20210614_100628.jpg

Not Britt Ekland's razor - Occams Enoch
The blade which has no connection to Britt Ekland - Titan Mild
Britt's brush? I think not - Yaqi Dandelion
Britt Ekland's shaving soap? That's a no no - Captain Fawcett's
No Swedish ladies included in this fragrance - Goutal Monsieur

'And you promised me Britt Ekland you bastard'

So a shave free of Swedish beauties and one which contains one ugly sod and a number of divine accoutrements for shifting bristles.

Another one of those great shaves out with the Enoch and just for records I reckon the blade must be on its 11th or 12th shave and still performing wonderfully. I can push it a few more me thinks and I just can't remember how long ago it was when I changed it. Mind you the Enoch is such an arse to change blades on I probably lost interest with the concept of another blade and would sooner suffer skin issues and dermatitis first.

Still a great shave and nice to give the Fawcett's a whirl once again. What a smashing soap in a most extravagant wooden bowl with a badge worthy of being an Olympic medal. If these were the 90's the hip hop community would not be wearing VW badges.

Throw on some Goutal and walk away from the bathroom thinking 'Now that was fucking excellent'. And it was

Britt Ekland's shaving soap? That's a no no? May be not, but this is

I have the standard XXX splash which is nice but I've not tried the Fresco version.
Thanks Chris I was considering either getting one of each or just grabbing 2 bottles of the fresco..think I might go for one of each as I know the menthol is very light in the soap but not sure about the splash that way if I’m not that keen I have the standard one to fall back on

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Trail
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac

SOTD : 15th June 2021.

115.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (Grated)
Blade: Voskhod. (D1.)
Razor: Merkur 39c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Lidl Cien X-Bolt ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

The humble grated Palmolive classic shave sticks never fails to provide me with a super protective slick lather leaving a good post shave feel. Superb stuff!

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Tue 15 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + RazoRock Puros
Nice lather from the soap...aromatic cigarish tobacco scent with good slickness too. Overdone it abit...hahaha
Shave with razor paired with this blade was an enjoyable, smooth and comfortable session. 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Matching aftershave is good but abit mild...hmmm....
20210615_122027.jpg

Have a great day.

Happy Pizza Rolls GIF by Totino's

20210615_074052_copy_800x600.jpg

Tue 15th June

RR Syn. 22mm
P & B Citra Royale
Yaqi Raster V2 & Ikon handle
Kai CT Protouch MG [ 7 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

With a heavier handle and with what is a superb blade [ for me in this Razor], the Yaqi punches well above its weight. Can be used as a Daily Shave as with this blade it delivers consistently good shaves, with no fear of mishap.

IMG_1527.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 15th June 2021

Shave Score 9.75/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli - Indian Sandalwood
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Derby Extra (1) - Courtesy of @Boycie83
Post Shave ASL: Figaro - Ambra
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Macdui
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Tried my first Derby blade today, and I could tell it wasn't as sharp as some blades I've got used to.
That being said however I quickly realised I was over shaving to compensate for something I assumed was there, less efficiency.
Once I realised I was doing this and stopped and did my normal passes this blade produced a FF/BBS shave just the same as most of my blades.

Can't say there's anything wrong with the Derbys at all, lets see how shave #2 on this blade goes :)

Have a good day all.

Joe

IMG_1130.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom