SOTD: Saturday 13 July - Friday 19 July 2024.

SOTD: 18th July 2024.

d.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic Premium TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Sport Style ASL./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A wonderful performance from my shabby chic looking Semogue 1305/Vie-Long Shave Stick duo.

I'm really impressed with how well the Feather Hi Stainless has worked with both the Wilkinson Sword Classic & Wilkinson Sword Classic Premium TTO both razors perform superbly with the Feather Hi Stainless.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thu 18
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito
Razor Slater Brothers, Sheffield "Venture"
Wow...beautiful lather qualities whipped up by the excellent brush and the matching scent+cooling sensation of the splash was fantastic! This razor's edge was marvelous! Silky smooth and comfortably efficient. The scale is teal green but somehow shown in pictures as blue, baffling indeed...
20240718_130643.jpg

SOTD: 18/07/2024

Razor: Leaf The Twig Thorn
Blade: Gillette Platinum, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a fine day!

Shower
3P Pre and post shave cream
3P Shaving soap
Omega 10066 boar bristle
Ever-Ready Pat. 1912
Gem by Personna blade (Connaught)
Shave Factory Mediterranean 05 after shave cologne

Well. Now I know why Gem devotees rave about it and why the vintage razors are sometimes described as the best razors ever made. Close comfortable BBS shave and no nicks. I shudder to think what the price would be if this razor was made today but I bought it on ebay for just £14.99p post free. Really. probably the best value in shaving I've ever had.
Day-Shave-1912.jpg

Shower
3P Pre and post shave cream
3P Shaving soap
Omega 10066 boar bristle
Ever-Ready Pat. 1912
Gem by Personna blade (Connaught)
Shave Factory Mediterranean 05 after shave cologne

Well. Now I know why Gem devotees rave about it and why the vintage razors are sometimes described as the best razors ever made. Close comfortable BBS shave and no nicks. I shudder to think what the price would be if this razor was made today but I bought it on ebay for just £14.99p post free. Really. probably the best value in shaving I've ever had.
View attachment 122818
I was very lucky to have been gifted a 1912 from our very own @pjgh when I first joined the forum. It's an amazing shaver especially for it's age and always a joy to use, I really like the detail on the handle.
What's the 3p stuff like? I keep looking at it whenever I have been on the La barbiera website.

I was very lucky to have been gifted a 1912 from our very own @pjgh when I first joined the forum. It's an amazing shaver especially for it's age and always a joy to use, I really like the detail on the handle.
What's the 3p stuff like? I keep looking at it whenever I have been on the La barbiera website.
The Pat.1912 from the 1940's - 1950s has lasted a lifetime and will probably last another lifetime. I can now be regarded as a Gem fanboy. I'd say that the 3P pre and post shave cream is about the same as the Proraso. Eucalyptus scent and cooling. I use it only as a pre shave. The 3P shaving soap smells like almond slices and is very quick to build up a thick, slick lather because it's a soft soap. I recommend 3P.

View attachment 122803
Sotd - 17-07-24

Gillette Slim Twist - Treet carbon Classic - Frank Shaving two-band - Alvarez Gomez Barberia - LPL Abricot - Coffee Break edt.

A week of growth taken off. I feel so much better. I was late to the party with the Slim Twist - I think I was put off by the stock handle - too long and too plastic for my tastes but this one was modded by @gile with a shorter and thicker resin version that sits perfectly in my hand. The razor - with a fresh Treet carbon - laughed at my heavy growth, two passes for a glass finish. One day's or a week's beard seems to make no odds to the razor, it will cope with both - and anything in-between - with aplomb. Try one if you haven't - they seem to be commonly available - although this particular one is unique. Gifted to me - with his typical largesse by @Blademonkey - thanks P. - a credit to the forum.

Enjoy yours one and all - cheers - I.

Brilliant photo

Thursday 18 July

After the DeHaven, the fat handle tech is quite a pussycat. Mild and it’s almost impossible to raise blood, ……. except maybe when changing blades :ROFLMAO: . The Lord blade was used recently in my Gibbs razors hence the end nicks.
Mild maybe but still an excellent razor to use and ideal for beginners to wet shaving. ARKO soap lathers quickly and lasts pretty well on the face with a smell strongly reminiscent of old barbershops. Not something I would want to use every day but then I don’t use the same shave combo every day so no problem.
Finish was bbs in 2 passes, wtg, atg and pick ups.

IMG_0710.jpeg

18 July

Wickham Cashmere
Simpson Chubby 2
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm

02E478B6-38BD-44F9-AB03-4E6097AF9B50.jpeg
To look at the Rockwell you have to ask yourself, how does it get the results that it does? But it does. A top class shave this morning two smooth passes for a pleasantly smooth face. The Rockwell may not look sexy but it punches way above it’s price point and with six available blade gaps in the one purchase! Yes, I rate the Rockwell.

18th July
20240718_120822.jpg
Razor - Muhle R89
Blade - Tatra #1
Soap - B&M Frankly my Pear
Brush - PAA Starcraft
Post - Lea 0% lotion and Cien Sensitive balm

A bit of a random ingredient list - but access to the Den is restricted due to work on the house.
The soap produces a beautifully smooth and slick lather that enabled 3 passes with no drama's. The fact it smells like a freshly cooked Pear pie is a big bonus. The Tatra performed excellently in this mild but ultra reliable razor. The Tatra seems to be a great find.
Enjoy your shaves all.

Back
Top Bottom