SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 September 2024.

SOTD: 14th September 2024.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap.
Razor: Schick I1 Injector. 1955-58 (Head/Dome) - Schick Japanese Twin. (D2)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) - (D4)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel ASL. / L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

(Face & Head Shave)

The Schick Twin blades are expensive but the longevity efficiency, and smooth comfortable performance they provide is absolutely superb and the cost of them is well worth justified.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Saponficio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Razorock 400
Edwin 3one6
Gillette nacet
Dendi pure aftershave
1000037416.jpg

First use of 3one6 and it was a cracker. Smooth and efficient shave left my face smooth like glass. Razor wasn't aggressive as I expected from reading on the forums. Quite similar to the DE89. I have to make direct comparison in the future.

Today's shave:

rdt240917.jpg

- Phoenix & Beau Albion
- Blackland Signature Blue Synthetic Black
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with ASP blade
- Sôi energy aftershave

:D

SOTD 14-Sep-24
1000037409.jpg
Brush: Wald J4
Soap: CGC Shiloh
Razor: Koraat 14-2.0

No fuss shave this morning, nice smooth finish with an excellent set. Finished of with a sample of Lord George, whether they go together in the traditional sense I have no idea but it was pleasant. No way I'd pick up a full bottle though, it really doesn't last all that long on me given the price tag!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Saturday 14 September

Back to de shaving this week after a week of se lather catchers. Today an old French travel razor set which is marginally bigger than a Zippo lighter. The case is stamped Le Pullman and Getting-Jonas-Titan. The handle is in two pieces so one half slides inside the other and the case then takes everything and a couple of loose blades comfortably. Really clever neat design and unlike a lot of French razors like the Gibbs it will take a normal de blade without modification. The head base plate has no comb striations just a straight plain edge. However, after lathering with the Williams soap the razor performed admirably giving a bbs finish in 2 passes and a few pick ups. It has quite a large shave angle but is best when laid flatter to the skin. Guys with large hands might find the short handle a problem and the blade does clog up but overall I love it and for ease of shaving on the move it’s perfect.
Have a terrific weekend fellas, warmer weather on the way!

IMG_0779.jpeg

14 September

Martin de Candre Original
Edwin Jagger travel
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm

AC12A7B9-E18A-49A8-8D64-8D815B47D7A1.jpeg
A satisfying Saturday shave. Two passes and a lovely smooth result. A superb lather was created this morning. The Martin de Candre is an excellent soap and the Edwin Jagger travel brush is clearly a better brush than you might expect, although, to me, it does feel and look like the synthetic equivalent of a pure badger knot brush.

14/04/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Yaqi Coco-cola 22mm Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 - L2
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Signature Soap Valentia
Wk38 (1).jpg
I can definitely feel an upward progression in the efficiency on the L2 plate, still very manageable though.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom