SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 September 2024.

20/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 - L3
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Dior Sauvage

The ring of death is now very evident in the Hibernia soap dish, how long will it last? Who knows?
Today the V2 Sabre was fitted with the L3 plate, i have to admit i was not really looking forward to using the more efficient plates of this beautiful razor, however, needs must.
I lathered up and as planned went straight in for an ATG pass, from the first stroke i knew it was not going to be as scary as i thought, it was actually very comfortable. Again i could feel a definite rise in the efficiency and blade feel although it was not a massive step up from the L2 and still very usable. I completed the ATG pass without any issues, a quick rinse and face check told me it was not quite efficient enough for a single pass and touch up. I lathered up again and completed a XTG pass, the razor letting me know it was still cutting stubble but with a very comfortable face feel, the rinse off check had me calling a BBS finish.
The post shave routine was very nice with some light indication spots here and there from the splash.
I am really falling for this razor, up next outing the L4.
Enjoy your day all.

Preshave - Droyt's Soap
Razor - ES Outlaw
Blade - Shark Super Chrome
Brush - Highlander TSR LE Walnut and Boar
Lather - Erasmic (Bowl Lathered)
Splash - Superdrug Sierran Breeze

Time for a change of razor for next week. Had some really good shaves this week. I always say this when I use the Outlaw, but I really think this is a fantastic razor.

Sandalwood SEptember

Friday 20th September

Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Macy Associates w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 21mm
GEM Bullet Tip & GEM by Personna (10)
Pinaud Clubman Musk After Shave Cologne

... same again.

Great fun shaving with the Bullet Tip this week. Really smooth and enjoyable shaves.

Have a super weekend, folks!

Razor = Above The Tie Windsor Pro ( Copper )
Blade = Gillette Silver Blue ( 1 )
Brush = C&H Ivory & Copper 26mm Boar
Soap = Tallow + Steel Sarsaparilla
with matching splash.
Balm = Nivea Daily Moisturiser.

A Fantastic shave after a long day travelling home yesterday The Windsor paired with the SB is a dream shave.
A straight 10/10.
I Bought this soap on here a year past July and this is the second time iv used it.
I really do need to take it easy with spending & enjoy what i have,
Easier said than done.
Having said that iv decided im not working any more this year, im taking it easy and unless there’s an emergency at work im off until January / February.
Here’s a couple of shaves i done in Norway although all much of a muchness from the shaves earlier in the trip.

Glad you made it back home safe and sound.

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am delighted to offer you a shave themed, 'A theme with no name' as I am running out of the ability to keep my brain working. And yes, I know, you are thinking 'Didn't that happen several years back?'

https://giphy.com/OZIWZ1qX9SHSGI7AGu
'Sod that, were leaving now before being forced to continue any further. We did leave the Captain behind didn't we?'

No name except - Occams Enoch
There is a name? - Feather Super Professional
Who? - Highlander Marine AFC
No idea who he is - Proraso
Don't have a clue - Proraso balm
Bugger him anyway - Goutal Eau D'Hadrien

https://giphy.com/ajiWf72H2dy9Dacesy
'And don't bother coming back next week either'

Mmmmmm. Quick, efficient and........

Over to those Puffyshoes

And I love you all
https://giphy.com/cu1l1wN5bNDGUg9QME