SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 September 2024.

Wednesday 18 September

The opportunity to get hold of a razor that combines two of my favourite elements , ie Blackland razors and GEM se blades, was too good to miss when @Boycie83 put his Sabre V2 up for sale. So now as the proud new owner I started off with plate 2 and new blade. Whereas I love Spanish Leather I’m not a real fan of shaving cream but still I went with it. It was ok, and the smell lingers but did not provide much of a lather even with the Rubberset original brush. No matter the result was bbs in two main passes. The Sabre V2 is a cracking se razor and could easily be a daily shaver. I love it. I’ll check out the other three setting in due course.
Have a great day fellas!

18 September

Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Simpson Duke 3
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm
Dior Sauvage

A lovely lather with the Wickham soap and a perfect smooth shave with the DE89. I could have had a lot of reasonably inexpensive excellent shaves with just this setup… if only!

Always nice to see bottom of the tin!

Tuesday 17th September

Soap • Stirling Triumph
Brush • Yaqi Bali 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Razorock Game Changer. 68-P
Blade • Sputnik (4)
Post • Stirling Triumph Splash

Late posting of yesterday's shave.
Good shave, no photo, (I'm riddled with man-flu (that's what I'm hoping it is) and wasn't too inclined.

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Razorock Beehive synthetic.
Soap Zingari man The Watchman.
Razor Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger Plate 2.
Blade FlyDear (2).
Aftershave Zingari man The Watchman splash.

I was going to use the Blackbird tonight but I could hear the Stinger calling me.
A great decision, as it gave me a delightful 2 pass bbs shave.

Enjoy the night.

SOTD Wed 18 Sep 2024

Midweek meanderings, shave

DSCosmetic green bowl
Palmolive Classic cream
Omega 10065 boar brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Derby Extra blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Proraso Repair Gel
Forest Fresh ASL
E45 Moisturising Lotion

A mild midweek medley of memorable materials! Everything just did what it was supposed to. Slight nick on neck but recently acquired repair gel sorted it. First time I’ve used a Derby blade for ages, had forgotten how much I liked them. Didn’t want perfume type stuff in nick so just ASL on cheeks (face cheeks that is ) and E45 instead of balm, seemed to work ok, face feels and smells great!

Thursday Shave
RAZOR: iKon ShaveCraft Tek Walnut Handle
BLADE: Personna Lab Blue
BRUSH: Oumo Desert Ironwood & Sandalwood 26mm SILK/Manchuria
LATHER: Pre‌ ‌de‌ ‌Provence‌ ‌No.‌ ‌63‌ ‌shave‌ ‌soap‌