SOTD : Saturday 20 August - Friday 26 August 2022.

Blackland Vector
Schick proline
Noble Otter Rawr (Lovely scent)
Trotter Handcrafts Synthetic
CB202080-372D-4018-97E1-3A14DB349265.jpeg

Ok so that was a better shave, definitely finding this razor to be a learning experience. Again an extremely close finish with no dramas just high concentration
Schick Proline is my preference with the Vector too (y)

We had a crackin day out Paul and the Gig was superb, didn't realise I could still jump around like a teenager, not really feeling it today either, luckily.
Ha, I should be so lucky, I would be feeling it for a fortnight!!! :)
Pleased you had a good crack, you know the sort, the right sort of crack, the Irish Crack! :) not the other one, no, not to be recommended! :cool:

Paul.

FoDkGmk.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Acqua Di Parma
Razor: Blutt WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Plus (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Reuzel Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Acqua Di Parma EdC

SOTD: 22/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: Razorock Italian Barber Synthetic
Bowl: PAA Intergalactic Travel Scuttle Scuttle
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Surprise Sample Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Grave Fruit Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Old School Rockabilly Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

I have been buying quite a bit of kit recently and often they come with soap samples and I have about 10 now. To that end this week I will be trying some of the samples starting with PAA Planet Phoenix. Interesting smell (but not unpleasant) in the I've just walked in to the patchouli candle department of a new age store. Not too bad at all but I don't think it's on the buy list.

7EF9483E-5695-46FA-BF76-DD13B7D82449.jpeg

Mon 22nd August

The Grosvenor 404-mixed
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
Yaqi Raster V1
Feather Proguard ( 5 )
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Though loaded with the same blade as the The Hawk V3 OCplate, today’s shave finish with the Yaqi was not as good,
despite me working at it. I think that this Razor may well suit those with lighter growth than mine.

159F61EB-11D4-44BA-A565-DEAA2C57CB5A.jpeg

SOTD 22-Aug
20220816_091911.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: Cerberus Fougere
Razor: Gillette Old Revamp
Blade: 7 O'Clock SP (2)

Nice and easy 2 pass, the 7 O'Clock works well enough in the old, not as smooth for me as the GSB or Nacet still acceptable though.

Out of the two cerberus releases this fougere is definitely my preferred, the initial was good but it won't see the light of day in summer. I think I would have liked to see them in the NO base rather than the DG though, harder base makes tub loading possible and just as good performance wise for me.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

IMG_1677.jpg

After not shaving for nearly a week (!) I felt the need to dispense with my irritating, itchy, annoying stubble and therefore reached for the Rex Envoy. It’s certainly efficient. Yet to make sure that efficiency doesn’t stray towards the unpleasant, I’ll be using a smooth Voskhod and the even smoother Mitchell’s Wool Fat.

I had a surprise when checking the Mitchell’s as the amount remaining was much less than expected. I’ve not used it since the beginning of June, and while I suppose it may have shrunk slightly in the warmth of the summer months, or from drying out, it does feel that it's on the way. Luckily I have another crock in the store cupboard. Also, I suppose it will take a while for what’s left to be used up. Anyway, the Chubby will be employed to gather a full lather and make a further dent.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: Mitchell’s WoolFat
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 3 BB
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: TBD
Bowl: Face lather

Back
Top Bottom