SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 September 2024.

I've got that exact razor and case, given to me by Fuzzy over on tost3, didn't dig the handle though, swapped it for another vintage. Great razor, of course!

SOTD Thu 26 Sep 2024

A bumpy shave

DSCosmetic green bowl
Proraso Red cream
Yaqi Everest 24mm synthetic brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Derby Extra blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
X-Bolt EDP

Best shave I’ve had today! No, seriously, Proraso cream was as good as ever, razor and blade combo was smooth and still pretty sharp.
Interesting little brush. I found a couple of threads about it on here and another forum. Apparently Yaqi released it a few years back, to compete with Simpsons Trafalgar and Omega’s Roma brushes. Pretty much the same size, same fibre (allegedly), same great performance and face feel, but cheaper of course. Mine was even cheaper as it was from their defect handle range. I can’t actually see anything wrong with it, but it does have a large glue bump.
Now I’ve read various reports that glue bumps may be deliberate to increase backbone or simply due to poor quality control. Whatever, they don’t bother me, I bowl lather anyway so rarely notice them and this one is no better or worse than most of my other brushes. Admittedly this was it’s first outing, but it was very impressive both in lathering ability and feel!

Only changed a few things as i shave at night and everyone was asleep.

Brush: Duke 3 best Ebony
Razor: Gold Mk2 Aristocrat
Soap: T.O.B.S. Royal Forest ( Homage to Creed )
Blade: Perma Sharp ( im done buying blades other than Perma Sharps, Always a good shave, smooth, Damn Fine not B.B.S and cant remember last time i cut myself using one )
Pre: Proraso White
Aftershave: Nautica Voyage ( less than 20 quid and smells amazing )