SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 September 2024.

A very enjoyable shave.
As well as all elements being great performers I was in the mood for them rather than feeling a bit indifferent and grabbing something out of habit.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Winfield Super Stainless
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Sir Irisch Moos
Aftershave: Old Spice Lime (vintage)

Fri 27th September

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Schick Super 11
Schick Super 11 Ultrex blade ( 4 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Unlike Shaving with other Cartridge Razors, I find that one with this Schick is extremely smooth and comfortable. I just make sure that I don’t rush or use undue pressure, and invariably get a super close finish.Today was really good as got the upper lip and chin really smooth.

IMG_1183.jpeg

Razor - Rockwell 6S R3
Blade - Lord Platinum
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - Stirling Barbershop

Not so good. I bought the Razorock brush (in the photo) because I thought it would suit my arthriticky hands… just the opposite. My thumb was hurting like hell very quickly, so it got abandoned. I thought it was a bit big and soft anyway… so it will be BST’d soon… after half a use.

It discombobulated me a bit, but the final shave was just about OK. First use of the Stirling soap… nothing special, but I need another go with a clearer head and better brush. Also first use of the Lord blade… no problems there.

Funny old world…

IMG_0262.jpeg

Razor - Rockwell 6S R3
Blade - Lord Platinum
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - Stirling Barbershop

Not so good. I bought the Razorock brush (in the photo) because I thought it would suit my arthriticky hands… just the opposite. My thumb was hurting like hell very quickly, so it got abandoned. I thought it was a bit big and soft anyway… so it will be BST’d soon… after half a use.

It discombobulated me a bit, but the final shave was just about OK. First use of the Stirling soap… nothing special, but I need another go with a clearer head and better brush. Also first use of the Lord blade… no problems there.

Funny old world…

View attachment 125938
Hi, such a shame re: the Razorock 400 brush as they look great. I have one too - at first I really liked it especially when bowl lathering creams. I thought the noir wouldn't be too soft but I definitely agree it is suited to people who prefer softer fibres. Sorry to hear that it also didn't suit your hands. I will hunt for a vintage 400 or maybe I can swap the noir knot for a boar one if that is a simple job

Hi, such a shame re: the Razorock 400 brush as they look great. I have one too - at first I really liked it especially when bowl lathering creams. I thought the noir wouldn't be too soft but I definitely agree it is suited to people who prefer softer fibres. Sorry to hear that it also didn't suit your hands. I will hunt for a vintage 400 or maybe I can swap the noir knot for a boar one if that is a simple job

It seems I like smaller knots, hence the M6. My favouritest brush is my Muhle travel brush. I’d use it all the time but then it wouldn’t be special when I go on holiday.

We all have to try new stuff and occasionally get it wrong, but it least it’s reminded me how much I like my other brushes.

Sandalwood SEptember

Friday 27th September

AP1GczNYKdG394m3C4W_vr8FuNXAY3EUA5o-m6mh8PvuscvATUiLVb1tHAZsODiTrgePAsLXT1FRMz0kEoKLWbF3Q7Kn3ZGBNwdExrYnVCSrst5lu_4K-jcskqbZoWJin3l97IF7oqvoXGh1_UoluWhAy_MXiQ=w800

Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Mohawk (Vintage) w/Purtech Synthetic 22mm
Razorock Hawk V3 (A Plate) & Feather Professional (10)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla After Shave Lotion

... same again.

Lovely week with the Hawk and (aside from MWF) my first big name British triple-milled soap, which started quite a collection for me.

Have a great weekend, folks!

Razor = Karve CB ( B )
Blade = Treet 7 Days ( 1 )
Brush = C&H V15
Soap = Declaration Grooming Weinstrasse
with matching splash
Balm = Arko Fresh.

IMG_2940.jpegI know treet blades are a hit or miss on forums but i seem to be one of the few that rate them especially this 7 days which for me is up there with the best of them.
The soap iv had for 3 years yet only used a couple of times due to the complexities of the soaps i didn’t quite get them.
for me the ones i have are very earthy very grassy, very dark but then again they are autumn soaps and i now sort of understand them.
I don’t think Declaration Grooming soaps are straightforward when it comes to scent.
Over all this was a 10/10 shave the one that comes along once a month that seem to be better than the rest.
Enjoy your weekend lads i’m off car shopping tomorrow :)

As my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I present my shave themed, 'I didn't'

download.png

Shave that is, because tomorrow I have to meet my two aunties for lunch. And my wife says I have to pay as well. She calls herself my wife? Still, I'll shave in the morning instead and present myself in a good light **

'He's still a twat isn't he.'
'He is, he is indeed'

But it's a Friday and what's a Friday without some puffyshoes?

** Then pay

Buses are for poor people lol :LOL:.
I was going to take the bus but wasn’t sure of the trade in price

Uh?

They are also for old people. Because I'm over 60 I get a Liverpool transport pass. £30,000 car, or a free bus? Train and Mersey ferry.

Ps. I still have a car though as buses are crap and full of poor people

Sandalwood SEptember

Friday 27th September

AP1GczNYKdG394m3C4W_vr8FuNXAY3EUA5o-m6mh8PvuscvATUiLVb1tHAZsODiTrgePAsLXT1FRMz0kEoKLWbF3Q7Kn3ZGBNwdExrYnVCSrst5lu_4K-jcskqbZoWJin3l97IF7oqvoXGh1_UoluWhAy_MXiQ=w800

Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Mohawk (Vintage) w/Purtech Synthetic 22mm
Razorock Hawk V3 (A Plate) & Feather Professional (10)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla After Shave Lotion

... same again.

Lovely week with the Hawk and (aside from MWF) my first big name British triple-milled soap, which started quite a collection for me.

Have a great weekend, folks!
I see you seem to be really enjoying the Hawk at the moment. The A plate is my favourite of the three and I love the handle.

Back
Top Bottom