SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 September 2024.

26/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's - 22mm Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - GEM Jr. G3 1943
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon "Spicy"
View attachment 125851
A fantastic shave with the Military issue GEM Jr. I do like a nice brass razor. It is as smooth as silk on the skin, however, i find it an efficient, capable razor. This was a NOS razor when bought for me as a birthday present a couple of years back - What a lucky fella i am.
Enjoy your day all.
I've got that exact razor and case, given to me by Fuzzy over on tost3, didn't dig the handle though, swapped it for another vintage. Great razor, of course! (y)

SOTD Thu 26 Sep 2024

A bumpy shave

42670BB5-D91F-4B0D-9214-56081E3CF3FC.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
Proraso Red cream
Yaqi Everest 24mm synthetic brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Derby Extra blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
X-Bolt EDP

Best shave I’ve had today! No, seriously, Proraso cream was as good as ever, razor and blade combo was smooth and still pretty sharp.
Interesting little brush. I found a couple of threads about it on here and another forum. Apparently Yaqi released it a few years back, to compete with Simpsons Trafalgar and Omega’s Roma brushes. Pretty much the same size, same fibre (allegedly), same great performance and face feel, but cheaper of course. Mine was even cheaper as it was from their defect handle range. I can’t actually see anything wrong with it, but it does have a large glue bump.
Now I’ve read various reports that glue bumps may be deliberate to increase backbone or simply due to poor quality control. Whatever, they don’t bother me, I bowl lather anyway so rarely notice them and this one is no better or worse than most of my other brushes. Admittedly this was it’s first outing, but it was very impressive both in lathering ability and feel!

Only changed a few things as i shave at night and everyone was asleep.

Brush: Duke 3 best Ebony
Razor: Gold Mk2 Aristocrat
Soap: T.O.B.S. Royal Forest ( Homage to Creed )
Blade: Perma Sharp ( im done buying blades other than Perma Sharps, Always a good shave, smooth, Damn Fine not B.B.S and cant remember last time i cut myself using one )
Pre: Proraso White
Aftershave: Nautica Voyage ( less than 20 quid and smells amazing )

Gold Slim Mk 2 , Duke best Ebony, Perma, Royal Forest, Proraso.jpg

SOTD Highlights of the Week
SOTD 22-Sep-24.jpgSOTD 26-Sep-24.jpgSOTD 27-Sep-24.jpg
I've been seriously lax this week, so here's the highlights. Lovely couple of straight shaves with some excellent scents.

I was most looking forward to this morning, 2 years I've been trying to get Stirling Iced Coffee and I managed to finally get the AS this week (fluke that it made it through). The menthol is quite strong on this and builds, but luckily doesn't detract from the coffee with a pleasant touch of hazelnut.

Happy shaves all!

Cheers

Marc

The shave themed, 'Sustainable Trout farming'

20240926_182346.jpg

Razorock Hawk V3
Feather Professional
Highlander 30mm Cashmere
Kent soap
Pure moisturiser
YSL Homme

'Lobsters or crabs? You'd soon know if you had these in your undies'

A Yorkshire shave lead by a 'stolen from Yorkshire' soap. But then again, steal all you want, as for some reason call it Kent and a lather monster. Call it Mitchell's and I'm stuffed. My wife says I should be

Stick the Hawk in the mix and end results very grin inducing

'Did you say 'stuff him'?'

The new Puffyshoes? Not quite but there is only two of them. Mmmm?

Have a fine POETS day fellas!

View attachment 125895
I have never been able to 'Piss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday'.
Years ago when my dad worked in an office in the City he used to leave his suit jacket on the back of his chair when he went to the pub at Friday lunchtime. He said it was so it looked like he would be back soon... or certainly later that day

27 September

Sterling Campania
Cadman M55
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm
YSL Y

0884BFDF-5DE1-4640-A513-B03EC705C92D.jpeg
The weather was so grim this morning that it created its own vignette for my photo! Great shave though. A super lather with the large Cadman tuxedo and two swift, smooth passes for a top result with a four shave old Feather. Good stuff.

27/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Blackland Sabre V2
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk39 (7).jpg
Enjoy your day all.