SOTD : Saturday 24th July to Friday 30th July 2021.

28 July

Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

A38FDEFC-27C9-4FC3-B855-6F3352E29483.jpeg

An astonishingly close shave with the Feather razor and a new blade this morning, for a mild razor it really is excellent. The M7 is an expensive brush but it gives a truly luxury face feel, even with cold water.

SOTD 28-July
DSC01807.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: PAA Phantom
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Hungover shave this morning so shelved the intended straight (can never be too careful). Right back to the Sabre, chilled and effortless shave.

Should perhaps have considered a lighter scented soap and splash rather than the warming Barbiere, almost lulled me back to sleep rather than giving me the kick up the arse I needed!

Hope everyone's day is going well!

Cheers

Marc

Sorry to hear the scent is a miss for you Chris I’ve always liked the scent on the soap but the aftershave is a bit different..don’t dislike it but don’t enjoy it quite as much as I enjoy the scent on the soap
It's not a bad scent at all Jay, it's just not my cup of tea. I know what you mean by the difference between the two. I get grass from the soap and cookies from the splash.

It's not a bad scent at all Jay, it's just not my cup of tea. I know what you mean by the difference between the two. I get grass from the soap and cookies from the splash.
Yes think it’s just a nostalgia thing for me with the soap of playing football in the park as a kid and face planting the grass the scent of dirt and grass..not entirely sure what it is I pick up on the splash but it doesn’t give that same reminiscence

IMG_20210728_145712_1~2.jpg
SOTD 28th July 2021

Pre - PAA Cube - unscented
Razor - Gillette Tech - EFB - short fat windrose handle
Blade - Souplex
Soap - Hampfat number 2
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Post - Pashana aftershave

It's been a while, so I thought I would take the Tech for a spin and had a lovely shave, the Hampfat Number 2 was refreshing with the Tea Tree oil blending with the Lavender oil.
The brush is everything I could want from a boar bristle brush.

Until the next time,

Paul.

Last edited:
Wednesday AM 2021-07-28
National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) established on this date, 1958
VkJfQTR.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/48)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Rose Absolute Trilogy Hydrosol + Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes
Wilkinson Bonded System (5)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme aftershave

Wonderful lather that also smelled great. And I made exactly the right amount, which isn't really important, but is satisfying anyway. Smooth skin on a warm morning.
jIZAarr.jpg

2AC809A4-0D37-4A5B-BC31-D72D96BA4CAB.jpeg

Prep: Shower with PAA cube.

Pre: PAA cube.

Soap: PAA Future Fiction

Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush

Razor: Leaf Twig

Blade: Astra SP

This razor can do no wrong, smooth without any effort, every time. I love this soap and need to save to get the matching splash. It’s almost too easy with this set up.

Back
Top Bottom