Brush: Rubberset 400-3 with Nathan Clark Envy White knot
Bowl: Aesop by Sori Yanagi
Razor: Barbaros TR-1 with Stork Consul TI handle
Blade: Gillette 7 o' clock sharp edge
AS: Musco Real

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
Hi there all...I tried a different shaving soap today: Bloom's Le Baigneur A Barbe no.1. Aloe Vera, Indian Hemp and Vetiver...It comes in a Limoges porcelain bowl (so there!) - and I'm such a sucker for ceramic soap bowls, I paid the (probably) OTT price...BUT...the soap is excellent. It's also like slab of marble...extremely hard soap that makes The Fat feel like putty. I soaked it in hot water for a couple of minutes and it lathered brilliantly.
  • Usual Glyce soap wash prep.
  • Unbranded synth brush (performs marvellously well as replacement for the plissoft)
  • EJDE89/Braveheart + Nacet (3) - couple of days of growth and this blade went through it brilliantly (Kudos to the TSR Nacet promoters...you know who you are)
  • Coal tar wash + cold rinse + alum geiger counter rub
  • Proraso green splash + Nivea cooling balm
Overall, really smooth, refreshing shave...so cool in fact I tried to give the pic that sort of 1950's 'Kodak' snapshot look!...

Last edited:
Good Evening Chaps,

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal charcoal face wash.
Pre: King of shaves oil, hot towel and bloom water.
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Duke 3
Soap: Saponifico Varesino Dolomiti

First time using the R1 since trying the S1 & 2 and have to say I much prefer the slants.
The soap performed great and smelled lovely.

Sept 27th SOTD

1. PB Albion (very little quantity in the tin!) bought at Connaught
2. Dorco blade: once and last pass! Horrible blade, very painful, to be forgotten for ever and ever!
3. Aqua velva lotion
4. Proraso blue balm
5. No name synthetic brush (from bestshave.net, made in Turkey), very good at face lathering!
6. alum

Love this post so much i wish I could 'like' it twice!...Aqua Velva, Proraso, Albion, and that brush looks the business...what's not to like? (OK...the blade might suck, but other than that, cool set up, Richard!)

Last edited:
I see you fixed your razor stand, looking good, upright, standing to attention ect

Pre: Shower and Bloom
Soap: P&B Samskrit sample
Blade: 7 O'Clock Yellow
Razor: EJ89L
AS: Vera Wang

First outting for both soap and blade. Both where fantastic. Smooth shave and great scent. Our Vera giving a great note to start the day. Only spoiled by Wife and Daughter arguments about a school shirt. Chill Beetches! Its Wednesday!

Wed 8th Sept SOTD
This is my newbie pass around SOTD all gear from the stash apart from brush and pre shave.
Face wash warm water, hot towl.
Zirh pre shave oil
24mm Plissoft
OSP barbershop
Gillette Tech
ASTRA blade
Floid aftershave balm

Ok so I went basic and palm lathered so I could gauge water to lather ratio as i've never used this soap before. Not sure if the sample was kept with the other samples not getting what i've smelt in other barbershop scents. On closer inspection both OSP samples have lost the EO so smell like a base soap. Anyway great lather nice cushion be slip and good post feel for a soap with coconut oil high up in prominence. I'd like to get some fresh samples to see how the scents really are. Anyhow. 3 passes and some clean up and I can say the Tech is not for me. Its a very safe razor but I was not able to get anything better than a SAS, I dialed in the right angles, I took it slow but it wasn't getting past a super mild shave for me. I should have dropped a feather in to see how that kicked it up a notch. The first time with the Floid and I have to say lovely balm milky soothing not oily and sutle scent thats clean.
So tech no, blade yes floid yes and osp maybe.