SOTD: Saturday 25 May - Friday 31 May 2024.

Fri 31st May

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
La Toja stick - grated
Schick Super 11
Schick Super 11 Ultrex ( 3 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

A very late in the day Shave just completed, to save time in the morning. Dispense with Shave, quick Shower pack car and away ! !.
Amazed at just how good this Cart is, using a very light touch the twin blades do a super job. Probably the best Razor of any sort at clearing the upper lip really well.

SOTD Fri 31 May 2024

Sunny lunchtime, end of May, shave

Prep - warm shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Proraso Blue
Brush - Yaqi Cola 22mm synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Lord Classic (4)
Splash - homemade (witch hazel and essential oils)
Balm - Monte & Wilde (M&S) Bergamot & Sandalwood moisturising aftershave
Fragrance - CK IN2U EDT

An early (lunchtime) shave today as better half and I off out for a country hotel afternoon tea, courtesy of my son who is also dog sitting for us (belated anniversary present).
Great cushioning lather from the Proraso and Yaqi duo and a smooth, close shave from the mighty mouse Merkur with the Lord blade (on it’s last outing).
The old visage left feeling and smelling fantastic.
Good job all round - and an enjoyable afternoon was had by everyone.

Well…
…nearly everyone!

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Omega Italian flag Boar.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Rose.
Post-Shave Johnny Bravo love potion.
Razors La Faulx.
Blade Kai Titan mild Blue (7)
Aftershave Jape.

To the observant who will have noticed I put Omega as used but a Cadman in the photo, that's because I realised I was using the Rose cream and the Cadman was instantly out of the question. There's no way I am tainting my spotless Cashmere.

The La Faulx razor really jumped another level tonight and gave me an irritation and nic free bbs shave, really close and good feedback from the blade. Lovely Lovely Lovely.

I did try a headshave with it but it's a no go, I suppose if I had the time and the inclination, I could learn the angles but I have a Leaf and for a headshaver that's closer and faster than anything else, why bother.
The razor for the face though is quickly becoming exceptional, it's just unfortunate it has to go back home.

I look amazing, I am smoother than Kojaks head and just ooze appeal.
Enjoy the night all.

I love mine, very user friendly and efficient at the same time.

You both have better ones than mine.

I've seen this exact razor with different brand names on it on ebay.View attachment 121062

View attachment 121063

View attachment 121064

View attachment 121065

View attachment 121066

Hmm, Standard Safety Razor Co.

There is something interesting about this company and Gillette.

And here:

"The plant formerly occupied by the American LaDentelle Company subsequently passed to the Standard Safety Razor Corporation, a Wilmington, Delaware-based firm, which established its presence in Norwalk in 1929. Standard Safety Razor manufactured blades for use in razors produced by other brands, most notably the Gillette Safety Razor Company of Boston, Massachusetts. The Standard Safety Razor Corporation was charged with numerous counts of patent infringement by some of these larger firms during the early 1930s, some of the court decisions having ruled in the company’s favor, and some not. The Standard Safety Razor Corporation remained in operation in Norwalk until 1938, yet in 1937 shared a portion of its factory with the New York, New York-based Automatic Signal Corporation, a manufacturer of automatic traffic signals."

Last edited:
Bur that's a US company, not a German company.