SOTD: Saturday 28 September - Friday 4 October 2024.

Thursday 3 October
Gillette ABC Pocket edition 1910 ish
De Vergulde Hand
Omega bristle
Chinese Torpedo carbon blade

Not the best shave of the week not even dfs, but a) I was in a rush so only time for one pass wtg, and b) Never used the blade before so bit of an unknown. The blade exposure looked very minimal and I’ve never had problems with this razor before.
I’ll try a different blade tomorrow and take a bit more time.
Enjoy your evening fellas!

Razor - Gillette Tech/Razorock
Blade - Tiger Platinum
Brush - Razorock 400 Noir
Lather - Trumper’s spanish Leather Cream

A mild and very pleasing three-pass shave. The Razorock razor handle doesn’t add to the performance over the Gillette original, but it was cheap and does look rather cool… and it may even enable some daft bugger to go out and buy one… you know you want one… go on, go on, go on…

I gave the Razorock brush another go. It works perfectly fine with creams but it is rather a handful (for me… and I’m only 6’2”… small by today’s standards). I’ll give it a try with soap again soon.

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Gillette Tech - cerakoted (copper)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (4)
Brush: Highlander LE 2023
S Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Autumn Ash

Lovely shave! Altough perfectly in keeping with the season the soap's scent is a bit overpowering for me.

I’ve recently tried out pure glycerin and agree a few drops does seem to make a real difference

3/10/24

OCtober

Soap - Razorock WTP Gold
Brush - Zenith 2006
Razor - Yaqi Old Type
Blade - FlyDear Super Platinum (1)
AS - Denim Original

I wasn't that taken by this particular soap to begin with, I thought it was ok but nothing special. So it went to the back of my cupboard and took it out again. With my new favourite brush, it really does produce a fantastic lather. It's got some lanolin in it and has a nice post shave feel.

Second shave of the month for OCtober and used my neglected Yaqi Old Type clone. It's a touch more efficient than the Gillette Old Type but still very mild. It managed to tame the FlyDear blade which is sharp but not very smooth. Nonetheless the shave was nick and weeper free.