SOTD: Saturday 28 September - Friday 4 October 2024.

Sandalwood SEptember

Saturday 28th September

TOBS (Vintage 2016) Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Semogue 2000 Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig (Prism) & RACER Super Stainless (2)
Mandate (Vintage Shulton era) Aftershave

As my month with sandalwood shaving soaps draws to a close, one final hurrah with TOBS and their sandalwood soap from the 2016-2024 period which is probably one of the best of the palmate-first formulations from the big British houses through the 2010s. Superb soap! Lovely lather!

Pretty much a 10/10 shave there, what with the lovely piggy and the RACER blade. Very much enjoyed!

Trust you're enjoying your weekend, fellows.

Razor = Merkur Progress ( 3 )
Blade = Treet 7 Days ( 2 )
Brush = Cyclotrode X By PAA.
Soap = Haunted Cabin By Mcduff’s
with matching splash.
Balm = Eternity For Men
Terrific shave from what i would call an iconic razor.
When i first started this wet shaving journey i didn’t like the plastic part then i thought about getter’s the egress but stuff with this one and now its a firm favourite.
For me part of the charm is the plastic knob
This soap is weird,
I don’t get any the scents mentioned on the tub and for me it’s actually quite the opposite.
but i’m no perfumer in fact if the truth be told im bloody hopeless when describing scents.
What can i say about the brush apart from gash.
Really i love the idea of a company modelling brushes from the past but ffs give them a decent knot.
When it comes to PAA brushes there’s no handles i dislike but there’s no knots i like.
If you like floppy then these are for you.
I very much doubt you’ll get a floppier set of brushes.
Luckily the shave was magic and it got me away from Strictly come dancing

SOTD Sat 28 Sep 2024

Strictly Saturday, shave

DSCosmetic green bowl
Proraso Blue cream
Yaqi Everest 24mm synthetic brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Rainbow Super Class (?) blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
X-Bolt EDP

Excellent comfortable shave. Even the Rainbow blade felt smooth and sharp (must be down to the razor and lather as it doesn’t usually), speaking of which, I did okay tonight, see below…

…yeah, not quite an ice cream cone, but hey, getting there! End result was outstanding with face left in good condition, feeling and smelling very nice.

For those of you who remember my wonderful dog Bella (star of many of my SOTD’s) - this is what we have done to the empty corner of our front room, where her bed was…

…it is now the Bella Memorial Corner, with a memorial chair, a photo of me and her and a plant to remember her by. We call the plant Audrey (anyone else remember “Little shop of horror’s”) as when she needs watering she droops a bit, and if I am sitting there with a cup of tea, she seems to be tapping me on the shoulder and I’m sure I can hear a voice saying ‘feed me’! Okay, we’re weird, so?

Love it
That’s a great corner to sit and think about life & remember Bella & all the good times