SOTD: Saturday 4th December - Friday 10th December 2021.

SOTD 04-Dec
View attachment 80998
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: MdC Fougere
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: GSB (2)

Well that was as rough as a bears arse, nowhere near enough prep to allow me to use the dart without tearing up my face (note to self don't use the dart when in a rush). On the plus side the Arlington calmed it down nicely with a subtle menthol feel at the end.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
Life is too short to be using such demanding razors, Marc.
I never really trusted my Dart, and didn't keep it very long

Bloody hell Marc, a rushed shave with the Dart, that had my toes curling.
I have to really on my game to use mine, i do enjoy the challenge of it but have to be very mindful.
Ha ha ha yeah I'm a stubborn bugger, I'd already decided yesterday to use this one and despite the time ticking down I refused to change my mind.
Life is too short to be using such demanding razors, Marc.
I never really trusted my Dart, and didn't keep it very long
Aye I've heard this from a fair number of people, this is the first time that I've used it in a rush and was punished for it. It's not my favourite blackland but I think I'd regret it if I moved it on.

Today's shave:

rdt211204pjjxf.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Vespers
- Zenith Manchurian
- Mühle Sophist with Feather blade
- Sôi Classic aftershave

:D

Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: P+B Imperial Rum

Brush: Elm w/ APshave 24mm Cashmere

Razor: Tatara Masamune

Blade: Astra SP #3

Post Shave: Alum block - P+B Imperial Rum splash

DE Shave #57

My first experience with P+B products and it was an enjoyable one. Soap scent was better in the lather than from the tub.

The Cashmere knot felt like silk on my face.

IMG_0302.JPG

Aye I've heard this from a fair number of people, this is the first time that I've used it in a rush and was punished for it. It's not my favourite blackland but I think I'd regret it if I moved it on.
I moved my 1st one on and instantly regretted it Marc, hence, when I thought the time was right I bought it again, luckily enough, right before you could not buy it due to discontinuation. My technique has improved so much over the last couple of years and it ain't such a scary tool to use now but does need respect.

Sat 4th December

Jayaruh Syn No67
Vitos Super Red
Schick E2- Canada
Schick Proline ( 6 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

A great start to this Injector rotation. Very smooth unlike my USA version but it is almost in pristine condition.The Shave quality matches the best that I get from other types of Razor, and without any likelihood of mishap.Probably the best Shave of the last few days.

F6C04D6D-3E2B-4724-A114-BD460556D6D6.jpeg

04/12/2021

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Minora (1)
Brush: Alpha Wickham SHD
Soap: Wickham Gothic Revival

IMG_20211204_153313.jpg

I started to arrange my paraphernalia on the towel ready for the SOTD picture then remembered to try something more cultured. On to the (level) carpet I went, along with a torch, and proceeded to produce some creative masterpieces. Sadly these did not translate in to digital exquisiteness.

IMG_0187.jpg

After experiencing many consecutive, excellent shaves, this one was a disappointment.

I have previously found the Razorock Hawk to be rather inefficient, which in turn promotes over-shaving. Well I fell into that trap today, and with an AC Pro blade that was beginning to become a little scratchy. In the end, I wanted to test a theory and swapped the blade into a Yaqi Raster to finish my neck. This picked up stubble the Hawk had left behind, and did so without irritation. I have had good shaves with the Hawk, but this was not one of them.

The star of the show, was the Arko soap. This was a birthday present which I’ve only now managed to use. It has the same Arko smell which attracts and repels in equal measure. I like it and then sometimes I don’t. I did today. Regardless, it lathers very well and is such value for money.

After the shave, I had to use some Nivea balm to calm my skin down and I only put a few drops of AV Musk on my cheeks, NOT on my neck. I like “the burn” but today was not the day!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Razorock Hawk v3
Blade: Feather AC Pro (3)
Soap: Arko
Brush: Simpson’s Trafalgar T3
Pre-shave: Proraso White
Post-shave: Nivea Balm & Aqua Velva Musk
Bowl: Face Lather

Hot flannel and Pears transparent soap.
Extro Arancia Italiana applied liberally with the soft caress of the PAA Phantom Aerolite. Baurmann 5/8 just off the diamond after a refresh. Bio oil and a splash of the old Tabac.

After a night of kebabs, beers and honey rum, catching up with an old buddy (40+ years of friendship) and staying up till 4am talking, drinking and listening to tunes, with only 5h kip, today's shave was all set to be simply functional or even perfunctory. If I had any sense of self preservation I would have used the Tech, but as I'm a bit low at the moment (and had just refreshed the edge on the Baurmann) I decided I'd give it a run out to focus on something.

There is a part of me that finds using a blue brush with orange soap strangely jarring, but the Arancia just smells so good, and the soft caress of the big synth, as soppy as it sounds, was really comforting, even though I usually prefer more backbone. The Baurmann didn't have much to do, as I had used the tech yesterday, and the edge was a tad crisp, pretty much straight from the diamonds with just a few passes on bare leather. Nonetheless it was efficient and gave a DFS with 3 passes, no blood, if a little raw. I chose the bio oil to soothe and replenish, which is a nice finish. The familiar nostalgic scent of Tabac rounded off my feelgood shave today, by no means perfect but y'know, just nice.

Saturday 4th December

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
BeeClean Sheep Milk & Honey Shaving Soap w/Peppermint & Borage Oil
Razorock 400 Limited Edition w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
Yaqi SE DLC w/Star Bakelite Handle
Lancet Sharp Edge Super Platinum (1)
Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

Pretty damn close to a 10/10 shave, that ...

The wafting coolness of the peppermint soap meeting the burn of the Bay Rum was very much enjoyed! Lovely!

Sapphoo KureNai G1105 AC shavette (Kai Captain clone)
Feather AC proguard blade
Omega 10108 boar brush
Savon Mystere Aegean blue SS
Aqua Velva ASL

Would like to thank @ATG for sending me some AC blades. Tried for a first time ever a shavette. Went quite OK, Had my DE as a backup but finally did my whole face with the AC shavette. Only 2-3 minor nicks and managed to do an acceptable DFS in 2 WTG passes.

IMG_20211204_201621_resize_57.jpg

Back
Top Bottom