SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 October 2024.

SOTD October 9. 2024.

Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 (3)
Blade - Personna Gem (8)
Soap - The Art of Shaving (Tallow) Sandalwood
Brush - Goodfellas Wild Hog
Post - Darkfall aftershave - DG.
Frag - Oud éclat - Miller Harris Edp

I'm away from Cornwall for a week so this will be my set-up until I get back on the 14th of October.
I was able to build a decent lather even though the water in Kent is so much harder than the water in Cornwall and a good shave it was too!
The Gem blade showing no sign of giving up yet, I should get a few more shaves out of it before it starts tugging!

Until the next time, stay safe and above all enjoy your shaves!

Paul.

Razor - EJ89 3D Diamond
Blade - Gillette SharpEdge
Brush - Simpsons Captain
Lather - NSS Moroccan Sands

Smooth, pleasing and no irritation. The EJ always feels rougher than my other razors, but after cold-splashing and balming the result is just as good.

I’ll have to use a smaller brush with the Nanny’s soap in future… the Captain just hoovers it all up… but, Mrs WiffWaff has just commented on how oudh-y I smell… at least I think that’s what she said.

New smaller brush arriving soon… watch out in Acquisitions.

Time for a cuppa tea and exalt in the oudh-iness…

Broke out the Palmolive cream after seeing hotmetal use it earlier in the week. It deserves more use but then all of my creams do as I'm more of a soap man.

Feeling distinctly under the weather today but fortunately, as pjgh said, Palmolive is great whatever the weather.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Fasan Slant
Blade: Wilkinson Sword English vintage - 1970s white with diagonal gold and brown corner stripe
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Palmolive Shaving cream
Aftershave: Puig Brummel aftershave lotion

9 September

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Simpson Chubby 2
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Proraso Sensitive balm

This morning’s shave was virtually effortless and the smooth and satisfying result was almost too easy. Then, I remembered that it had taken nearly fifteen years of daily double edge shaving to get to this point and undo the bad habits produced by the rest of my life using double/triple edge razors. A lovely shave.

My Shave today consisted of...
Brush Yaqi lucky dice synthetic.
Soap Martin de Candre Agrumes.
Razor OneBlade Genesis.
Blade Feather FHS-10 (3).
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Male dupe.

Another bbs shave with the OneBlade Genesis.
The blade is definitely spent as it took work this time round, I have done 3 face shaves and a headshave with it.
I am going to just do 3 face shaves next but I think I will end up just doing two and then the bin.
Enjoy your night everyone.