SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 October 2024.

SOTD Wed 9 Oct 2024

Wet Wednesday, shave
DSCosmetic green bowl
Proraso Blue cream
Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Derby Premium blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Nivea Sensitive PSB
Forest Fresh ASL
Hugo by Hugo Boss EDT

On a cold, wet night, a nice hot shave with protective Proraso lather and an efficient, comfortable razor and blade combo was just what the doctor ordered! The old visage being left smooth and smelling fragrant. The Hugo being particularly nice tonight for some reason. I rediscovered it not so long ago after losing track of it when moving house a couple of years ago. My son got it for me for Father’s Day/birthday/whatever in the early 2000’s so I guess it’s vintage now!

SOTD: 10th October 2024.

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D2)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL with added menthol crystals./ L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

An enjoyable smooth shave to finish my shaving week wonderfully. Both the Mühle R41 & Yaqi DOC Mellon have paired together with the Feather Hi Stainless superbly which have been a joy to shave with especially the Yaqi DOC Mellon, providing me with some sublime shaves.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
10/10/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - Blackland ERA L3 - Shimmed
Blade - Gillette 7'o'Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol

A lovely shave from the shimmed ERA, i really love the concept of this razor, who'd have thought we would get a stainless steel 3D printed razor. I love it.
Well, the boiler is Kaput
The engineer tried his best.
New one to be fitted next week.
The wallet is taking a hiding this month as the small flat roof needs to be replaced also.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Commiserations, at least it happened before it got ultra cold.

Thur 10th October

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
Jayaruh Syn No67
Vitos Super Red
Schick Super 11
Schick Super 11 Ultrex blade ( 5 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Showered and Shaved early today, as having Covid/ Flu jabs. Picked the Cart Razor for a good no problem Shave, which was very good due to the superb creamy lather whipped up by this Syn brush. Got this brush from an artisan who frequents a Single Edge forum in USA, it is very effective and feels good on the face.

10 October

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Proraso Sensitive balm

Another very satisfying shave. It seems I have gathered a selection of really good shaving accoutrements over the years that work well for me. I have the guys that use this forum to thank for their knowledgeable opinions, without which I would never have heard of some of my gear. Am I happy to be part of this forum? Hell, yes! But, I am somewhat poorer for it

Get your cardigan & slippers on mate.
Boilers never break down in the summer.
Maybe because they are not switched on in the summer lol