SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 October 2024.

I have mixed feelings about the Palmolive shaving stick, no scent to speak off but it did produce a good lather but tbh I have better.
I think it really needs to be in a tub ...

It does ... and brush on the dry side, longer than modern croap loading time (80-100 swirls with one or two dabs of water as you go).

Also, take it for what it is - the (no, "THE") baseline shaving stick for a generation and more. I'd certainly keep at least one intact in your den with another grated/pressed into a bowl. Tastes do change and it's really useful to have a baseline to sanity check against, like every shave den should have a Gillette Tech.

... and again, yes, in a tub for more effective loading.

How are you using the soap mate ?
Apply to a wet face then brush it up in to a lather.
To be honest i prefer the older Palmolive but you genuinely won’t get much better in my very humble opinion.
I’m not saying it’s the dogs bollocks but it’s certainly up there with the best

Razor = Occam’s Oren ***
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 1 )
Brush = Yaqi Deep Ocean
Soap = Geo F Trumper Oxford Blue
Splash = Old Spice Whitewater
Balm = Clarins Daily Moisturiser.
Well as the times went on iv completely forgot about OC October however i do feel my face has been a bit tender although tonight’s shave i felt it’s getting back to normal.
Iv decided to start using some of my British soaps as most are not seeing the light of day which is madness a few are favourites.
I decided to go for the Oxford Blue and it proved right.
A first class 10/10 bbs shave,
The shave i always wanted but could never get it with cartridge.
There are two Trumper soaps that are fantastic & this is one of them, The other is An Officer & Gentleman, All the rest are pretty gash & not worth the cardboard wrapper.
20 seconds of twirling and i had the most delightful lather,
3 passes of luxury was the order of the day.

I Wet my gorgeous face followed by a kiss in the mirror and the just rub it all over my face like my wife does with her nipples when I am showing her why she married me.

Then I rub it in with a damp brush slowly apply water onto the tips until I get the consistency I am after.

What's the scent like on the Oxford Blue?

What's the scent like on the Oxford Blue?
Hi mate long time no see.
It’s difficult for me to describe mate i’m not good at that sort of thing.
It’s got the same scent strength of MWF not a great deal of scent but something nice & gentlemanly about it,
It’s very fresh & clean but not to strong
sorry i’m hopeless

Hey! Great to see you, and thanks for your response. I’ve got the Officer soap and love its soft, powdery lavender scent. And, like you said, it actually lathers—unlike the other Trumper soaps! Hope you are well?

I'd agree with this @Pontormo (the soap, rather than the hopelesness) that it's a soapy scent - fresh and clean indeed. Some folks pick up an almondy scent, but I think that's a positive suggestion thing as there's no benzaldehyde in the ingredient list. I'm using my vintage Rolls Razor soap at the moment, which I often describe as fresh cotton sheets billowing in the garden breeze. It's sorta like that.

Gents I just want to say a goodbye for now.
I’ll be taking a hiatus for a while and not quite sure when I’ll be back - I’d like to think January. But I’m not making promises I can’t keep.

From the other forum to this one - the last 4 or so years has been a blast and I’ve made some absolute unreal friends and relationships in that time.

But for now it’s goodbye. Love and respects as always gentleman.

Joseph.