SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 October 2024.

Sorry to see you go for a while Joseph and I hope everything is OK.
I'll see you when you get back and until then take care mate.

Last edited:
Many thanks, pjgh! While I’ve got your attention, do you know much about a soap I recently picked up called Dubarry Silkashave?

Not a whole heap more than it was a very well regarded shaving soap from the 1950s (you'll often see 1930s cited, but it's 1950s ... 1940s possibly). Quite a catch! Lots of pots out there, almost never with the soap.

All the very best to you mate i’ll look forward to your return
Take Care
Mike.

Sorry to see you go but will be happy to see you back, take care bud .

Paul.

Take care Joseph.
You'll be missed . .

P

Tuesday 8th October

Soap • Hampshire Wool Fat No1
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Razorock Game Changer.-68-P
Blade • Gillette Nacet (2)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

I've had this Hampshire Wool Fat soap for a few years. It still produces a top tier lather.
It's retained It's scent, and hasn't dried or shrunken at all.

Interesting mate thanks

You were there for me when I was feeling down, something I will not forget. So sorry to see you go but look forward to your return. Take care my friend.
Ken

fantastic shave with this third use crystal blade. I liked it a lot in all three razors that I used it in. ideal for me in sharpness and smoothness. I'll be researching to find something comparable.

really close shave but also very smooth and comfortable. no blood and not a lot of alum or aftershave sting. I guess this razor will be sticking around for now. it surprises me when everything goes right.

09/10/24
Cold Water Shave
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Plus - Mühle 23mm Classic Silvertip
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - Gillette Tech Fat Handle 1940
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Dior Sauvage

A forced cold water shave this morning, somehow water has got into the internals of the boiler so it has "blown" its circuits, i am now trying to get in contact with our usual engineer, Ah well.
I actually really enjoyed the shave with the Tech, i wonder what all the lads who find these razors mild would've used in the 40's - 50s? Probably have bushy chins.
3 passes for a very comfortable BBS finish.
Hopefully we will hear from Joseph @CunningMrFox soon.
Enjoy your day all.