SSI TEC04 Shavette.

Hello Gents.

I have just ordered a SSI TEC04 clip system razor from connaught shaving. I should have asked about this razor before ordering it but it was a spur of the moment kind of thing and it was only £7.90.

I thought it would be a good way of trying out a straight razor before committing to the real thing and was wondering if anyone else has used this razor and what do you think about it.

http://connaughtshaving.com/ssitec4.html

Thanks.

Not used this particular one, however I gave up on trying to use shavettes in despair. No other type of razor has sliced me up like these, left my face an absolute red ruin. I found a straight far easier to learn and altogether a totally different technique. However, I do know that they work fine for some, just not me.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

There was a thread about these a while ago, I think - if so they're the ones they use to train people to straight-shave with, so may be ideal for the purpose.

I had intended to buy one, but by the time they got them in stock I'd already got my Artist Club.

well they will remove the hair and you can shave with them but they are very unforgiving, what you really have to watch out for is the points at the end of each end of the de blade as they can slice you real easy. A true straight is a much more forgiving tool to use.

if you like your skin avoid shavvetes

im not joking either. you will cut yourself, badly and often with these buggers

there very tricky, as soon as i started shaving with a straight after using one i didn't cut myself for weeks.

a straight would be better to learn to use. the weight of them actually helps you shave. with these you need to put a little pressure (at least on some) to move the blade across face

Oh dear! Ok guys not sounding like a great move. It only set me back £7.90 so I am going to think twice about using it. I will probably wait until next month and buy a proper straight.

Thanks.

When you receive your shaver I'd be interested to hear if it will take all the feather blades(pro guard too?). It might be worth a try then.

I received it this morning and decided to give it a go and it just seemed to keep gripping the skin. There was no weight to it and it was difficult to get it to glide, I may give it another go with a slicker cream. I got a couple of cuts and decided to finnish of the shave with a merkur HD.

@ Johnus. It only takes half DE blades.

Now where did I put that Styptic Pencil?

I had a similar one that had a removable guard. wow with the guard it went great, right from the 1st shave. so after a few s, each successful i said 'wow! i can do this' off came the guard. wrong! wifes comment was: 'let's not try to do that again, unless someones at home with you'. it was over 2weeks before all the cuts healed.

Cary Grant said:
I received it this morning and decided to give it a go and it just seemed to keep gripping the skin. There was no weight to it and it was difficult to get it to glide, I may give it another go with a slicker cream. I got a couple of cuts and decided to finnish of the shave with a merkur HD.

@ Johnus. It only takes half DE blades.

Now where did I put that Styptic Pencil?

shavvetes are harder than proper straights, there usually so much light there harder to use

unlike de's. shavvetes and straights dont really glide, try tiny strokes. have blade flat on face then raise up what feels like 2mm at a time tillit starts to bite. till you get used to it its hard not to apply pressure and they are no where near as forgiving as DE's.

you could try doing what i sugested to friend when i got them one. just do sideburns then finish shave with regular razor for the first couple shaves. at least till you get used to the weight and how much pressure to apply

Back
Top Bottom