Star Super Six

Beautiful!!! :D

I haven't looked them up, but the patents probably have nothing to do with the razor.

Mine is an oddball with an internal spring tab to push the blade forward, yours, and all the others I've seen have that swing arm thing with the lever on the back. Who knows why they reverted back to the old lather catcher head, unless there were clogging issues with the flat solid bottom ones.

Yours was made for military sets for WW1, mine supposedly wasn't available until 1917, then in 1919 Gem & Ever-Ready merged with Star to become the American Safety Razor Corporation.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 145713.png

It is interesting that the patents at this point were addressing minor modifications here and there and not really the frame designs. Makes sense. Thanks for posting these.

These Super Six razors were also I think in the Star No.4 kit and your model perhaps in the No.5 as well? I know there were military sets, then in 1919 they produced similar sets in a brown khaki for the general public. These folks never were shy about tossing around names and models and styles. Can get downright puzzling at times!

Back
Top Bottom