starter brush

Looking for nice starter brush without spending daft money, to see if I like or not.
Got Badger, Boar, and horse hair brushes but not tried a synthetic so would be grateful for any recommendations

Just been looking at Yaqi brushes on Ebay. Seem to get a lot of love from members of this forum. Not got one myself but it’s only a matter of time. They are in synthetics in the £15 - 20 range.

Yaqi every time for a cheap effective starter brush. A lot of people, including myself, would recommend a Sagrada Familia as a first synthetic brush, it's a good size and price. Yaqi often do 'defect' brushes on their Ali Express page with slight, scratches or bubbles in the handle, or slight bumps, for as little as a £5.

Sagrada familia is a bit small brush in my opinion, I would suggest getting any Yaqi that is 26mm. I would also check maggards. My recommendation would be to get something with cashemere, tuxedo and Timberwolf knots, Yaqi husky also is good option with more backbone than the others.

Looking for nice starter brush without spending daft money, to see if I like or not.
Got Badger, Boar, and horse hair brushes but not tried a synthetic so would be grateful for any recommendations
I love my yaqi......neopoliitan I think its called. Fantastic brush....AP shaving co are great as well their Cashmere knots are brilliant. I went to check the shipping out to be clear for you and ending up getting a beautiful green emerald 24 mm cashmere for £20.00 including postage. I won't say you owe me the money (my fault for looking!!).

starter-carbon-brush.jpg

tenor-548912886.gif

Without a doubt the 24 mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia which I have as my travel brush because it dries quickly so I only have to take one brush. It has a Tuxedo knot which is firm bristles soft at the tips which mimics a broken in animal bristle brush which is just about the bee's knees in lathering. Currently around £9 including tax with free shipping at the Yaqi Factory Store on Aliexpress. At the same time take a look at the Yaqi plastic brush and razor stand which will only cost a few quid extra and which fits the brush.

Reactions: PHR
Back
Top Bottom