suggestions on Shavedash

Hi,

I'm running low on soap and I'm trying to decide what to replace a couple of pucks with.

Before deciding I'm looking at getting some samples from Shavedash, are there any particular soaps people consider must tries?

I'm definitely going for a Reef Point after trying Aviator previously but not getting on with the scent.

All suggestions appreciated.

Hi,

I'm running low on soap and I'm trying to decide what to replace a couple of pucks with.

Before deciding I'm looking at getting some samples from Shavedash, are there any particular soaps people consider must tries?

I'm definitely going for a Reef Point after trying Aviator previously but not getting on with the scent.

Shave Dash closed in March 2023.

Hi,

1: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
2: Loccitane
3: Anything Above lol

Lol

If you're willing to wait, Maggards does a decent variety of samples and postage isn't bad. Think I picked up 18 samples for about $14 delivery to the UK not so long ago.

Not sure what your taste might be in terms of scent, but the majority put out a more than acceptable soap base. Personally I like the offerings from Barrister and Mann, House of Mammoth, Noble Otter, Zingari Man (maggards sell samples of those) and more recently Westman Shaving in Portugal, not sure you can get samples of those though.

Very subjective though, so you could get a ton of answers and put yourself in the poor house.

I live in a very hard water area so Wool Fat or anything from Tallow is pants. I hear good things about Haslinger Sheep Milk soap - baaaa - and I have it on order from Connaught to try. Otherrwise my goto is 3P soap and variation with TOBS cream and Cyril R Salter cream.

Hi,
I'd try exrto cosmesi. I got 2 10ml samples from connaught uk and they are one of the best soaps I've used. The small sample gives at least 5 shaves as this croap uses the smallest amount to make loads of lather using a bowl

I live in a very hard water area so Wool Fat or anything from Tallow is pants. I hear good things about Haslinger Sheep Milk soap - baaaa - and I have it on order from Connaught to try. Otherrwise my goto is 3P soap and variation with TOBS cream and Cyril R Salter cream.
I live in an extremely hard water area too... If you don't mind shaving with cool water just fill your sink from a Brita filter jug, makes a huge difference!

I use both. Problem solved.

I live in an extremely hard water area too... If you don't mind shaving with cool water just fill your sink from a Brita filter jug, makes a huge difference!
I did in fact go through that when I moved from Cumbria with its soft water to Cambridgeshire which is hardest of the hard when I brought with me Wool Fat shaving soap and solid bar shampoo. I heated filtered water in the kettle and added a tablespoon of cider vinegar. But it was too much faff for me and I ended up throwing the Wool Fat soap and shampoo bar. I still do filter the water for the kettle and cooking because to me the hard water tastes like it has washing up liquid in it. Probably never get used to it. But thanks for the tip.

I live in London which has hard water, I get on perfectly fine with MWF. Only works well with a synth brush, can't use my badger brushes successfully.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom