SWMBO is away so I can cook as I want!

The Mrs is away with the kids for the weekend, so that gives me the chance to cook some of the food that I like and she doesn't!

Tonight Hot chilli con carni. I make it stewing steak rather than mince, more tomato than most recipes and add in oregano and coriander.

Saturday 8 oz Rump steak from my excellent the local butcher with hash browns. The meat from that butcher is sooooo good that I feel its a crime to add a sauce!

So what would you cook?

With the Wife out of the house, the last thing I'd be thinking about would be cooking.

:eek:

Too much information?

joe mcclaine said:
With the Wife out of the house, the last thing I'd be thinking about would be cooking.

:eek:

Too much information?

Me too! There's Hoovering, dusting, handwashing delicates, fixing the shed, mowing the lawn. Who's got time to cook?

hunnymonster said:
I'd ask for it by electronic transfer - or you might get two stuck together :?

If my SWMBO doesn't cook me what I want, I cook it while she's here and make sure it smells fantastic so she regrets being a vegetable^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hvegetarian more :lol:

But 2 stuck together would make £10...........what a quandary .... :roll:

Oh mine was a veggie, but after a few years she came over to the darkside :cool: I generally do most of the real cooking, and she likes a lot of what I do but can't take chilli or curry as hot as I like and while she will eat steak she doesn't really enjoy it, so it would be a waste!

Jeltz said:
Tonight Hot chilli con carni. I make it stewing steak rather than mince, more tomato than most recipes and add in oregano and coriander.

Saturday 8 oz Rump steak from my excellent the local butcher with hash browns. The meat from that butcher is sooooo good that I feel its a crime to add a sauce!

So what would you cook?

"Me man! Me BIG man!! Me want meat now!!!!!" :lol:

Luckily me and Mrs PC both love the same foods, though she's not as partial to a sausage as I wish she was. :(

What was bad was when she was pregnant. Both times she went off hot food and so I had to sneak in curries and chillies now and again to keep the cravings at bay. It's not just women that get cravings! :roll:

When the current Mrs Swivel is away i get meself down the local Kebab shop, she hates 'em and i love 'em. I know there made of camel meat but with chillie sauce on it who cares?

Swivel said:
When the current Mrs Swivel is away i get meself down the local Kebab shop, she hates 'em and i love 'em. I know there made of camel meat but with chillie sauce on it who cares?

Yep. A guilty pleasure. :hungrig

Last time SWMBO was away I got a small turbot from my fishmonger, braised it, and had it with new potatoes and fines herbes. It's a Rick Stein recipe I think. All eaten in the nude and with my pants on my head, of course.

cheese_dave said:
Last time SWMBO was away I got a small turbot from my fishmonger, braised it, and had it with new potatoes and fines herbes. It's a Rick Stein recipe I think. All eaten in the nude and with my pants on my head, of course.

IL get a couple of pencils and my spare copy of “1001 uses of the word WIBBLE” in the post to you cheese.

As you’re going to look decidedly silly with only the pants... ;)

cheese_dave said:

Pass the mind soap please :shock:

cheese_dave said:

1276365198.png

Back
Top Bottom