The Bluebeards Revenge

Anyone tried these? I got a couple of free packs and had put off using them.

Now on my second shave with one and I'm really pleasantly surprised. I'm getting smooth, comfortable and very close shaves with no irritation. If it lasts the week thys all I can ask of a blade really.

I don't know who makes them, but I assume they are rebranded...

20230612_182300.jpg

It's been a while since I used them but I'm fairly sure they are Israeli Personna Tomy's which are no longer in production. New Tomys are made in Germany, and the new Amazon own brand DE blades are the new ones.

I've not been able to compare old Israeli Tomy against the new German made ones, but I did compare the old Personna Platinum Chromes from both factories. I think the new German ones are slightly sharper and smoother than their predecessors.

It's been a while since I used them but I'm fairly sure they are Israeli Personna Tomy's which are no longer in production. New Tomys are made in Germany, and the new Amazon own brand DE blades are the new ones.

I've not been able to compare old Israeli Tomy against the new German made ones, but I did compare the old Personna Platinum Chromes from both factories. I think the new German ones are slightly sharper and smoother than their predecessors.

So you think production for these may have switched to Germany too, or stopped?

So you think production for these may have switched to Germany too, or stopped?

AFAIK, the Personna factory in Israel shut down. They used to make 3 different blades that were sold under a variety of different packaging. Two of those switched production to Germany. The Personna Tomy and Platinum Chrome are still in production, the Crystal is no longer made.

and the new Amazon own brand DE blades are the new ones.
Any idea what the amazon blades are like, are they just the rebranded German ones you mention.
I used to only use the Israeli personnas until I started get duff blades (which wouldn't cut on one side). Now I'm using Russian Nacets, which will change no production has moved to India.

Back
Top Bottom