What is your No.1 brush type preference?

What is your No.1 brush type preference?

• Boar

• Badger

• Synthetic

• Horse

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't agree with this part.

"With vintage brushes, be careful of the knot, if the brush looks old and dried up, there’s a good chance that the knot can crack. If so, just make use of the handle and replace the knot with a badger knot."

If I replace a knot, any knot, it's gonna be with a boar. If all knots cost the same, I would always choose boar.

I suspect replacement boar knots were not so much of a thing when he wrote this...but he could have just erred...

I suspect replacement boar knots were not so much of a thing when he wrote this...but he could have just erred...
His first line,...

"Boar bristles are very easy to come by, and cost far less than badger, which is a protected species in many parts of the world. The primary supplier of boar bristle is China, but there is a fair amount sourced from India and from Russia as well."

Two things that don't happen with respect, exfoliating skin and lifting hairs.

I took it to mean replacement boar knots rather than brushes with handles...but I, he, or both, could be mistaken...regardless, I agree, it would be easier and cheaper replacing a knackered boar knot with a new boar knot rather than with a badger knot...

He was talking about knots, I was too.

I voted badger, however the last 2 badgers i have bought from Simpsons have been a let down , Best and Super, need to add a mixed option as the Semogue Limited Edition 2012 ticks more boxes , when i think about my brushes and what i would keep if i had to , it would be the Semogue 2012
LE , My white handled Taj Resin Boar and my M&F Chief Blonde Badger. What i use is very mood dependant as the boar/mixed are great when you want to have a go at your face.