What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

@John
I don't think I've posted my Casio in the face of all the posh watches I saw on this thread, (although I have posted my Storm watches). Seeing yours made me think, I bought this one below as I wanted something that would be easy to read, with a backlight, and take abuse when I'm working on bikes or generally banging about. Plus it's not a bona fide G-Shock, it's a Tough Solar, so cheap enough to abuse and no batteries. I think yours is actually what I was looking for, in that it's even easier to read both the analogue and digital part.
16352841512796667354621612058811.jpg

Last edited:
@John
I don't think I've posted my Casio in the face of all the posh watches I saw on this thread, (although I have posted my Storm watches). Seeing yours made me think, I bought this one below as I wanted something that would be easy to read, with a backlight, and take abuse when I'm working on bikes or generally banging about. Plus it's not a bona fide G-Shock, it's a Tough Solar, so cheap enough to abuse and no batteries. I think yours is actually what I was looking for, in that it's even easier to read both the analogue and digital part.
View attachment 79056

I shouldn't worry about posting pictures of your Casio's amongst these posh watches, people in TSR aren't snobs, ( they'll start
on me for that lol ) they do however love macanical watches more, but it's ok I I love all watches. The Mudmaster is a behemoth of a watch, built like a battle tank, and unapologetic in it's ways. There will be people that won't like the looks of this watch, but it ain't about a beauty contest, it's more about capabilities. I like to know I've got a hard-core watch with more than enough complications to help get out of, or preferably avoid any thing nasty from mother nature can throw my way. As my late grandfather once said to me "Respect mother nature, because mother nature has no respect for you" If your an outdoor person then get the best equipment you can afford because one day you may have to rely on it to save your life.

What a wonderful looking watch. I'm a huge Casio fan, but yet to own an Ediface.

Casio had some excellent Edifice basic day or day/date analog quartz watches a few years back before they went "gonzo" down the chrono "doo hickey" road. The new ones seem to have far too much gadgetry for my post 60 eyes to read w/o bifocals. But, "bling" evidently sells today.

Casio had some excellent Edifice basic day or day/date analog quartz watches a few years back before they went "gonzo" down the chrono "doo hickey" road. The new ones seem to have far too much gadgetry for my post 60 eyes to read w/o bifocals. But, "bling" evidently sells today.
I like plain clocks and watches as well. A designer to check out is Dieter rams of braun.
His philosophy was less but better, and he was spot on with it. Even apple ripped off/were influenced by him for the first ipod as it looks just like Dieters portable transistor radio.

I like plain clocks and watches as well. A designer to check out is Dieter rams of braun.
His philosophy was less but better, and he was spot on with it. Even apple ripped off/were influenced by him for the first ipod as it looks just like Dieters portable transistor radio.

I looked and IMO too post-modern "sterile". Like a Swiss railroad watch on downers. I am drawn to the old style 'field watch" look for the most part, but with day/date if possible. I really like these (but don't own one):

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom