Where do you buy your software?

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any bricks and mortar shops that sell shaving software.

Its all well and good reading reviews and comments on soaps and stuff but there's nothing like actually picking some soap up and giving it a sniff before you buy (Can't really do that online).

I've had a look round shops in town like M&S, Debenhams, Superdrug, Boots but all I've found is the Wilkinson blue bowl and some Palmolive cream.

Going to have a wander round the Trafford Center one day.

I'm in Manchester btw.

Thanks
Anthony

John Lewis stock a reasonable range too, Kent soap (Mitchells Wool Fat) and brushes Taylors, L'Occitane and other odds and ends.

BazC said:
John Lewis stock a reasonable range too, Kent soap (Mitchells Wool Fat) and brushes Taylors, L'Occitane and other odds and ends.

+1 on BazC - if you are in John Lewis try the Acqua Parma as well - not cheap but a classic scent and great performance.

Re: RE: Where do you buy your software?

pedro083 said:
C.Astons in the royal exchange it's a cigar shop but has what you want as well

Yup - was in there last week, they have a variety. You do pay for the privilege of buying in a shop compared to online prices, of course.

L'Occitane on King Street will sell you a cake of the excellent Cade, and if you want a really lovely metal bowl to keep it in. They also do a cream which I've not heard good things about. The balms get good reports and the scents are great.

Thanks for the suggestions. I dont go into Manchester center much but I'll remember for next time.
Probably make it to John Lewis this week.

Cheers
Anthony

Agree with above for Manchester. If you ever venture up to the Lakes I can recommend Cowpers (pronounced Coopers) chemist on King St, Penrith for Ingram, Palmolive, Erasmic, Kent, Taylors, Woods of Windsor. Also a small boutique in the Arcade (indoor market), Penrith that sells Trumper and Taylors.

Crabtree and Evelyn have a few shops around although I can't see any for Manchester on their website, unfortunately. Definitely worth a look if you find one. They sell shaving cream and soap (along with colognes and other male toiletries) in three main ranges - Sienna, Nomad and Sandalwood. I have the Sandalwood soap which is a solid performer and has a muted, Imperial Leatherish scent which I just love. I also have the Sienna cream which is a woodsy-style scent and performed well the couple of times I've used it. The Nomad cologne smells great (they'll kick me out if I don't stop going in to smell the testers!) so I'll probably get the soap version of that at some point. The soap lasts for ages and refill cakes are £6 which is good value.

Back
Top Bottom